Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pezz29

12-08-2011

I'm pretty much dead weight until level 6 when I play Akali. I'm not dumb enough to think I'm a super awesome ninja assasin!!oneone without half my skills and get blown up slowly chasing ranged champs with a mark on them, but I can't even manage to play conservatively.

Guides say hang back, last hit with Q, shroud if you get in trouble, maybe harass with Q if you can. Sounds great, until you realize enemy champs can outrange your Q and blast you whenever you try to last hit, then you try to drop a shroud but they either A) stunned you or B) AoE the shroud so it barely matters.

I just finished a game where I got shut out of experience range by a Corki in the early lane phase. I wasn't playing stupidly (I think), just trying to last hit, maybe hit him with Q when I reckoned he was close enough, but after level 2 I couldn't do anything but hide under my own tower and hope his creeps pushed far enough that I could at least get experience from them.

TL;DR - How do you play Akali for the first six levels? Even your ranged 'safe' last hit tool doesn't have the range to keep you out of danger, you can't fight back, and against some champs you can barely even defend yourself. I'm not asking for a way to get first blood every time, but I could use some help at least getting some cs.

ComradeHX

12-08-2011

How many solotop has AOE that covers the entire shroud?

AMonkeyCourier

12-08-2011

You're getting outpicked about half the time.

Don't instalock a hero without even thinking about your opponent. Counterpick appropriately and you won't have most of these range and AOE problems.

Pezz29

12-08-2011

I'm only playing normals at the moment. Fairly new, not 30, and not a full set of runes. I don't pick Akali when the entire rest of the team decided they had to play AP carries, but I can't counterpick when I'm not in draft mode.