blink = op, stealth = op shaco = balance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkreaper488

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankattk View Post
But if hes gone what are you afraid of? Shaco needs deceive to both commit and escape. You just dont know how to counter him. Shaco needs to deceive into a fight in order to do enough damage, but then he blows his cooldown on his escape too, do you see how that works?
Teamfight phase he falls off.

Jungling/early game it doesn't matter.

He can get in their, wriggles proc + smite steal my blue, and then, if I try to get over there to kill him, he can just decieve away.

Greggypants

12-08-2011

I think the best way to handle a jungle shako is countering his counter. Know when he is going to be somewhere and either a.) chase him off, or b.) take something from his jungle.

If you can chase him off, he's wasted time. time=gold+xp. you win.
If you take something from his jungle i'd consider you even. Its all about the risks you want to take.

Gankattk

12-08-2011

Just learn to counter him. You're outlining all of his strengths and none of his weaknesses, good job, now go play him instead. Shaco has never seen a good buff or rework, only nerfs. Stop asking for what's already happened.

18X Jake

12-08-2011

Just counter him and stop crying. You can see him with oracles being in melee range as he decieves, unless it is over a wall. Otherwise 1v1 against shaco is easy. Boxes have 100 HP so you just get your merc treads and kill the box when it pops on you and if you have some CC use it. You want to bait his deceive so he will try to crit you but you just hammer him to smithereens after that.

Metaphisto

12-08-2011

As long as Shaco never makes it back to how he was in beta and very early release I will be happy. Whatever team had Shaco on it won without a contest.

Loonaii

12-09-2011

So what about talon he has a blink pretty short cool down and he has a stealth ult that does major damage. Shaco isn't that bad just can be annoying when he's at 10 hp and then he's gone but same goes for alot of other champs that can do the same

Zodian

12-09-2011

shaco is OP, unless you just suck at jungling or at playing in general there is no reason to not steal red buff in beginning then get first blood on top immediately after. (you will be lvl 3 when everyone else is lvl 1). the people that say he is not OP do not fully understand the dynamics of the jungle and how much of an advantage shaco has over every other jungler. he gets wolves while waiting for red buff which he gets at around 1:60 (takes him 3-5 seconds). now in comparison to lets say a lee sin who not only needs a leesh but around 10-12 seconds to kill red as well, we start to see where the problem en lies. he's simply to fast. on top of that his utility is amazing. he doesn't have to take damage because of jib's fear and he never has to worry about getting ganked because of his blink/stealth. i think people are looking at him from a team fight perspective which rely isn't where the problem is at. the problem is how fast/safely he can clear jungle and begin to gank/get fed. and it rely doesn't apply to the casual (majority) of league players, but heavily applies in the ranked/competitive scene. like many of you might get frustrated playing shaco, but if you give someone like me the chance to play him, your screwed.

RHuang

12-10-2011

i dont know. if you play safe early game and dont give shaco 15 kills, his terribad lategame usually wins you the game. i think it all depends on how far the shaco exerts an advantage FOR his team. If by 20 minutes your down 10/0 and a dragon, it sucks to be you. But if hes only able to get like 5 kills and no dragons, you'll be able to catch up later. just my opinion from playing against/with him.

@zodian: i think your overexaggerating. its all about damage control. And if your so good, you should try some rankeds. I checked your profile expecting you to be like 2000 but you only play normals which leads me to believe your used to the idiots in pubs.

BackOrifice

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodian View Post
shaco is OP, unless you just suck at jungling or at playing in general there is no reason to not steal red buff in beginning then get first blood on top immediately after. (you will be lvl 3 when everyone else is lvl 1). the people that say he is not OP do not fully understand the dynamics of the jungle and how much of an advantage shaco has over every other jungler. he gets wolves while waiting for red buff which he gets at around 1:60 (takes him 3-5 seconds). now in comparison to lets say a lee sin who not only needs a leesh but around 10-12 seconds to kill red as well, we start to see where the problem en lies. he's simply to fast. on top of that his utility is amazing. he doesn't have to take damage because of jib's fear and he never has to worry about getting ganked because of his blink/stealth. i think people are looking at him from a team fight perspective which rely isn't where the problem is at. the problem is how fast/safely he can clear jungle and begin to gank/get fed. and it rely doesn't apply to the casual (majority) of league players, but heavily applies in the ranked/competitive scene. like many of you might get frustrated playing shaco, but if you give someone like me the chance to play him, your screwed.
Don't overextend. Don't be "I'm GAREN! FOR DAMACIA".
Shaco countered.

Geez that was hard.

Also, I took the liberty to cross-check some of those things you mentioned.
The only Zodian with ranked games on record has never played Shaco on ranked games. http://www.leagueofstats.com/summoners/us/21806861/summary for details.

I'd like to add, the EU ones (under the same name) have no ranked games listed too.

So, what gives?

Craddlerobber69

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhutac View Post
i thought shaco was op until i took a arrow to the knee
nice skyrim reference.

But seriously people, , shaco is not op at all. compare shacos escape to fizz who gets to say you dont target his ass as he bounces all over th eplace, or volibear who stacks health to nuke you. what about the uncatchable zilean bomber. notice how everything i mentioned is counterable as well. You know how you beat an ap shaco? MR! you know how an ad shaco is counter jungling you? have you heard of jungle trynd, jungle udyr, jungle sion,, jungle gp, or jungle fiddlesticks? any of them will destroy an ad counter jungle shaco.