Pantheon - Rune choices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stasys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-07-2010

So I'm about to hit 20, and I need a new t3 rune set for pantheon.

What do people recommend for Panthie?

Generally my item build is:

Long sword + HP Potion
Soto or Brutalizer
Boots (swiftness or mercs)
BF Sword x3

Item recommendations are nice too.

Redenbacher

07-07-2010

I can't knock your item build, other than maybe tossing in a Giant's belt for some health if need be.

Runes, I go with Flat HP seals and Quints, CDR Glyphs, and Armor Pen Marks.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post

Runes, I go with Flat HP seals and Quints, CDR Glyphs, and Armor Pen Marks.
these are pretty much all you need

wildfire393

07-07-2010

Marks - Armor Pen, hands down
Seals - Flat HP or HP/level is alright, Armor/Level is alright, Dodge is probably your best bet defensively, and MP/5 or MP/5/level can be used to give you mana sustainability without buying a Chalice or other mana item.
Glyph - Flat CDR gives you more ability usage, MP/5/level sustains more ability usage, and MR/level gives you survivability.
Quints - Flat HP, fo sho.

Stasys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-07-2010

Someone I spoke to says Armor pen marks and quints, AD/level seals and glyphs.

Approve?

Redenbacher

07-07-2010

Nope, because Pantheon's AD is already strong enough, and the point here is to assist his weaknesses. Armor Pen will give you the extra offense, but the HP and/or Dodge will make you live to see the kill, and the CDR or mana regen might land you another.

Infiniteri

07-07-2010

I know that you need those flat Hp quints, because in my experience, Pantheon needs a strong early game more than any other character (maybe Eve...), so you have to capitalize on his early game power. You can't do that if you're squishier than a waterbed stuffed with jello (which Pantheon just happens to be).
But Armor Pen marks are just too smexy to pass up to anything else.
I use dodge seals instead of armor, but I can see either way. I just find that dodge saves my buttocks way more often than a few percent of reduced damage.

Mershin

07-07-2010

Health Quints
Dodge Yellows
MP5 Blues
Armor Pen Marks

Used to have CDR Blues, those are good too.

eCheese

07-07-2010

OK, so keep in mind that this rune build is to support Pantheon as he is RIGHT NOW, as in post HSS and spear fixes. This also operates under the auspices that a fed panth is the only worthwhile panth (otherwise he becomes a walking mini-stun). To that end, this is geared to make him as fed as possible, which includes the early kills (lvl 3 anyone?)

Marks are obvious, straight Armor Pen. Why? Because you end up with 18 armor pen from runes alone. Combine that with mastries and you have enough to basically negate all natural hero armor at lvl 1.

Blues are flat CDR. The reasoning here is that one of Panth's biggest drawbacks is the massive gap between his bursts. A good panth will still be relatively squishy (especially with this rune setup) and so auto attacking should basicallly be taken out of the equation. You jump in, HSS, finish with spear, and get the hell out and poke with spears till your combo is ready. Flat CDR will make you able to burst more often early, which = more feeding, which keeps you from being worthless late (if they dont surrender at 25)

Seals I am currently splitting. I use about half dodge (leftovers from my Jax love affair, i mean who hasnt abused the utility tree dodge run buff?) And the other half are scaling MP5. I use scaling because at lvl 4 they are essentially the same effectiveness as flat regen, and if you blow all your mana by lvl 4, even with a lane partner, then you are doing it all wrong. By the end of tomorrow i will have filled all of these with scaling MP5.

Quints should be flat Damage. I prefer the flat damage because if you play it right, you arent getting auto attacked (no need for dodge quint) and you should be keeping your ass out of the line of fire (which means you wont need flat HP). The extra 7 damage is actually a big advantage early, when 2 out of 3 of your combo skills benefit from it.

Basically, you take spear first, harass them to 4 bars, and at level 3 you jump in, HSS, spear, profit! Because at this point mostly nobody will have armor.

Priamos

07-07-2010

Flat HP Quints
CDR Blues
Seals of Choice (Dodge or MP/5)
ArPen marks

A flexible rune page that works for many heroes, and Pantheon is no exception.

For masteries, well, Pantheon is a melee character, and on all melees I go 0/21/9.

Also, I like to start with a Doran's Blade/Shield to give me even more HP, which is perfect for early clashes. Pantheon has a strong start, so if you've got it, might as well flaunt it.