AD Carry Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyrv

12-08-2011

I'm about halfway done with my first rune page in league of legends and it's going to be an ad carry page.

I'm going for attack speed reds, flat damage yellows, and flat damage blues, with 2 armor pen quints and 1 flat damage quint.

I think this will help with early game and am just looking for any opinions from more experienced players at to whether there would be a better setup.

Champs i would use this rune page with: Tryndamere, Tristana , Ashe, Caitlyn , ect.

The Prime Shadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Sounds good, I usually use Armor pen, armor, magic resist, armor pen. On a few champions I use attack speed as well.

Tanden

12-08-2011

flat damage runes is useless in the late game, and I like play aggressive.

red/purple: armor pen, blue/yellow: attack speed

This setup is more like for range ad champs as I play range champs more often

Cenerae

12-08-2011

I can't really recommend attack speed reds. You'd be much better off using armor penetration to make your attacks actually count more early on. You likely won't be doing more than cracking off 1-2 shots at your opponent in the lane, and attack speed runes only become worth it if you sit there shooting them for a while.

A 'standard' carry page would look something like this:

Reds: Armor pen
Yellows: Flat armor or dodge (but since dodge is being removed soon...)
Blues: Flat MR
Quints: Flat AD or armor pen

Now, you can mix it up a bit to suit your playstyle, especially with the yellows and blues. If you want a more aggressive early game and don't mind being kinda squishy, you could use other runes there. I still wouldn't recommend attack speed though. I know some people swear by it, but it provides close to zero benefit for you in the timeframe where your rune page makes the most impact, and doesn't make much difference later either since you get relatively little attack speed out of the runes anyway.

Waxdec

12-08-2011

You're using suboptimal runes.

I.e, you're not getting the most bang for your buck. Look at all the runes and compare them, you'll see that yellows give 1.49 flat armour while blues get .79 flat armour or something close.

Ansre

12-08-2011

AD reds and quints, AS yellows and blues, with an early last whisper

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
A 'standard' carry page would look something like this:

Reds: Armor pen
Yellows: Flat armor or dodge (but since dodge is being removed soon...)
Blues: Flat MR
Quints: Flat AD or armor pen
I'd recommend scaling MR over flat MR because they outpace the flat runes at level 10 and beyond. Assuming the standard meta of AD carry+support bottom lane, most of the damage you'll see pre-10 is physical (as it would be dealt by the opposing carry). The point of the game when flat runes are the strongest is when you'd likely see the least magic damage.

Seelyon

12-08-2011

Armor Pen
Armor/Mana Regeneation
Magic Resistance Per Level
Attack Damage

http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-rune-pages-guide

Cenerae

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
I'd recommend scaling MR over flat MR because they outpace the flat runes at level 10 and beyond. Assuming the standard meta of AD carry+support bottom lane, most of the damage you'll see pre-10 is physical (as it would be dealt by the opposing carry). The point of the game when flat runes are the strongest is when you'd likely see the least magic damage.
Yeah, I guess I should have included scaling MR blues. I personally prefer flats though, since it does take the scaling runes a long time to catch up.

Nexus Crawler

12-09-2011

Scaling MR vs Flat MR is typically when you have a Ranged AD (scaling for late game) and Melee (who already has natural scaling and can use the flat since they're in the line of fire).