If there truly is 32 million LoL players .... why no mac client ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iBouncer

12-08-2011

I mean the title says it all ..... if this game truly has over 30 MILLION players .... twice the size of World of Warcraft ...... why has there been no mac client yet ? I understand a couple months ago there was a discussion / beta for it yet riot decided it wasn't worth it ?

I mean this truly is depressing, I'm a mac user however I only play the game when at a friends house , I won't put bootcamp on my mac and suffer the horrible operating system that is windows, not to mention I think its completley unfair for those mac users who do want to do it, to go spend 120 + dollars on a copy of windows just to be able to play the game

HoN has a mac client I think LoL which is the superior game should too <3

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-08-2011

well, the game is just badly planned. they didn't know they would have this success when they first started, and they put in those **** windows API (i still remember a friend doing programming course telling me "first lesson, never make something windows-dependant, or it's a mess to fix it later. spend half a line of code more but make it adaptable". wise, but not really useful for me. i ended up studying chemistry).
now they find themselves in a bad situation, having to remake everything from scratch but in the same time keep the game running for at least the windows users. S2Games works with system-indipendent programs since, well, i don't really remember when i bought Battle for Newerth, but we're talking about 600Mhz processors in the requirements.
on top of that the wrapper couldn't work as it was for long (their one was slow, we had to improved it, then we had to fix it once already and we'll have to do it again probably) and they closed the contract with Transgaming, so they had to block the cider client, and this narrows their possibilities...

anyways, if you don't like bootcamp but you like LoL, try looking up our site we have around fifty thousand players
www.boompje.net

Jegretis

12-11-2011

Also, it's not 30 million players exactly. Alot of those players also have mulitple accounts.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-11-2011

most probably. they have a lot less monthly logins (11.5 millions). our data is based on client downloads, so it's still unreliable, 'cause someone may have downloaded it twice, or passed it to a friend trough USB.

numbers are just numbers.