League of Legends Counter Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riconas

01-18-2012

Gangplank doesn't have Grievous Wounds for quite a while, he's no longer a counter to Dr. Mundo.

Sokolniki

01-19-2012

I've personally found that Anivia trades fairly evenly vs Morg. While the advantage definitely rests with Morg for 1-5, once you hit lvl 6 and if you are leveling E, you can go a one tick R for Chill and launch your E. E will usually eat her shield (With plenty of damage to spare) and make her vulnerable to Q which I usually time so that I can get an unshielded hit on Morgana with a second chill buffed E. After the first time you do this to her, she'll usually become very twitchy to your advances and become more reliant upon their own mana hungry AoE to maintain farm.

That said, Kass is definitely a strong counter vs Anivia.

YungElext

01-23-2012

bumb

MrJerkbird

02-13-2012

I tried to counter Sivir with Caitlyn. Granted, it's not "bad", but it's only doable if you don't use skills. Caitlyn provides Sivir with free mana all over the place, which leads to more boomerang blades, which leads to fb >.<

atung1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

Skarner doesn't couter irelia because all his abilities cost alot of mana and can't constantly use spells

superpenguinx

02-13-2012

Banshee veil is an awesome item.. every 45 seconds you can stop 1/3rd of someones combo ? / avoid stuns etc.. health + MR ?.

Counter to Irelia ? Wukong ?

General Sassycat

02-14-2012

Kass and Olaf fair enough as counters to Veigar, but Morgana isn't. Veigar can do his full combo over creeps whilst Morgana cannot, not to mention that a lot of Morgana's tend to push creeps towards tower, which just makes it easy to q farm for a good Veigar. And once your about 10 minutes in you have 40 farmed ap or more, which is easily enough to push Morgs just as hard as they push you. And if the Morg is focused more on just last hitting and trying to herd you into a bind or gank you can still farm easily as Veigar, and it more or less comes down to who can control their lane better.
Morgana doesn't counter Veigar, Veigar is a counter to her. Not a very hard counter, but still a counter (this is assuming its a decent Veigar and not some ****** rushing deathgrasp).
Also, why isn't AP sion the first counter to Kassidin? Kassadin's q doesnt break Sion's shield, so Sion can just sit in the creeps and push lane hard against the tower all day, or if Kass goes in to deep he can tun burst Kass for half his health.
As for Ashe in my personal experience an Ashe Soraka lane beats a Cait anything lane. Ashe just sits back and farms and scales a lot better, and Caitlyn is bound to push the lane with a stray Piltover, so its free kills for the jungler. As for graves i find that with a good sustain support Ashe can just keep up with Graves and scale better than him into the late game. Vayne is iffy but i wouldn't consider her a counter.
Dunkey says fiddle has the capacity to shut down tryndamere, so it must be true DDD Pretty sure its the part where Trynd ults, fiddle fears and then just lifesteals Trynd until he dies, or chase the running Trynd and snipe him with your silence.
Oh and GP as a counter for veigar mid. He outpokes, oranges the stun, and has an ult slow which should count as a dead veigar because he has no escapes apart from flash.

Edit: I just thought of something. Why isn't Merc Treads and Randuins counted as counter items for Ashe? A combo between Randuin slow and Mercs means she can't kite you around as easily. True, thornmail would mean that if she kites you she is slowly killing herself, but she can get a banshees veil fo the mag res and health, and just out-lifesteal the damage.

Karryu

02-26-2012

for Wukong counters i think Kennen would do better than Rumble, u know... everytime Wukong dashes to you he gets combo and stun into a face and can be pretty easy zoned out

Blayzhe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Suggest you add Talon as counter to Fiora. Rake is great harass, bleed counters the health regen and the silence makes for good initiation. Not to mention his ult can stops hers if he is targeted

iambox

03-16-2012

Thank you so much! This will help me learn some new champions. Good job keeping it up to date.