good hybrid kayle attack speed suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonmist19

09-15-2013

Well I have been playing kayle and I have recently started playing PvP and intermediate bots, I tried doing some ad stuff but then I learned that half of kayle's moves also have to do with AP and I can't find any sets with a good amount of attack speed with AD and AP. So I decided to ask you all on what is good set for this.

I Have 1 Gear GO

09-15-2013

Strongest way to build Kayle right now is Nashor's Tooth and Lich Bane as your core items. To finish off you will want a Rabadon's, Liandry's Torment, and possibly a Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter. You can also get Zhonya's Hourglass if you need to ult someone else frequently and are getting focused down. For boots it's personal preference I would go Sorceror's Shoes but you can also go Berserker's. I use attack speed marks, AP quints, mr glyphs, and armor seals. I feel Nashor's and runes give plenty of attack speed. If the game lasts an incredibly long time you can also sell your boots and get a Zephyr. Some other items that are decent or situational on her include: Hextech Gunblade, Guinso's Rageblade, and Guardian Angel.

If you wanted to build Kayle with more of an AD focus, an example build would be something like: Trinity Force, Berserker's Greaves, Blade of the Ruined King, Hextech Gunblade, Zephyr, and Guardian Angel. AD is more common for jungle Kayle or top Kayle, while AP is more common for mid Kayle, although you can do either in any of the 3 roles. AP has more burst and AoE, while AD has more sustained damage and usually a lot of lifesteal. If you're jungling with Kayle Spirit of the Elder Lizard is also phenomenal.

Dragonmist19

09-16-2013

So if I wanted to do a hybrid set instead of just AP or AD what would you suggest then. I was thinking of gunblade and trinity force to be core items then a guardian angle somewhere in there and then 1 more ap and ad item then another ad/ap mix item or something else.

Jaegermeifter

09-16-2013

If you want an attackspeed based kayle.

Nashoors. Bork. Rageblade. Berserker Boots. Torment. then either Hextech or Zephyr.

I Have 1 Gear GO

09-16-2013

The above build sounds good, but Nashor's might be sort of wasted, I would get a Trinity Force instead. A build with BotRK and Torment works nicely because the passive effects of both items don't scale off of your stats so you don't need to stack AP or AD to take advantage of them. I actually have built BoRK+Torment as AP Kayle once or twice to counter health stacking.

Another thing with all that attack speed you would probably be over the 2.5 attack per second cap with your Rageblade fully stacked, I would probably sub that for a defensive item.

Jaegermeifter

09-16-2013

Here. Heres three ways to build Kayle. Of course theres more, and these arnt the best, but in my opinion, this is what i would build.

For a straight up attack speed kayle.
Nashoors. Bork. Rageblade. Berserker Boots. Torment. then either Hextech or Zephyr

For AP Kayle
Torment. Bork. Lich. Nashoors. Rabs. Sorc boots. (can sub bork for hourglass)

For AD Kayle
Bork. RageBlade. TriForce. Blood Thirster. Static Shiv. Merc/Berserker.