League of Legends manga (Both real and fan made champs inclued)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

High Sea Raider

12-07-2011

Im starting a manga base on the League, ill put all the images on my deivate art account cause i have problems up loading on the fourms. This will be a intro to my own champ and contains some of the real lore. There a alot of real champions so not everyone gets a speaking role and finding ways to connect some of them will take some time. For now all the pages will be hand drawn, when i finish then i will fix them up. If wanted i can put some of your champs in as well. The following is from the wiki but edited, please read to set the mood while reading play the LOL theme.

Plot: Until only twenty years ago, Runeterra was on a collision course with disaster. As quickly as Runeterra’s denizens would band together in ancient times as tribes, opposing tribes would war to settle their disputes. No matter the era, the preferred choice of warfare has always been magical. Armies would be enhanced or decimated by spell and rune alike. Champions made the most of magical items forged for them as they led or supported armies. Summoners – often the de facto leaders of Valoran’s political forces – would unleash mighty magical powers directly against foes and their holdings with little regard for consequence. With such an abundance of raw magical power at their disposal, there was little motivation for summoners to explore more environmentally-friendly forms of warfare

Within the last two hundred years, however, the dangers of unchecked magical warfare began to expose the fragility of Runeterra to everyone residing in Valoran. The last two Rune Wars drastically altered the geophysical landscape of Valoran, even after magical energy was focused on restoring it. Violent earthquakes and horrific magically-fueled storms made life on Valoran challenging, even before factoring in the horror of warfare on the populace. It was theorized that another unchecked Rune War would tear the world asunder.

As a direct response to the world’s growing physical and political instability, Valoran’s key magicians – including many powerful summoners – came to the conclusion that conflicts needed to be resolved in a controllable and systemic way. They formed an organization called the League of Legends, whose purpose was to oversee the orderly resolution of political conflict in Valoran. Housed in the Institute of War, the League would be given the authority by Valoran’s political entities to govern the outcomes of the organized conflict they would administer.

However conspiracy has taken its toll on the League, accounts of mass murder, necromancy, black summoners, even the disapperance of High Councilor, Reginald Ashram. More and more Runeterra sinks into darkness: the events harder to keep under wraps by officals. It's hard to trust anyone anymore in these trying times. Now foreigners have come from across the Guardians Sea. Among them a warrior in search of his past whom hasn't yet realized he could be Runeterras final hope of salvation. Although the Rune Wars have ended the true battle is about to begin....

"League of Legends-Age of the Black Sacrement"

(this is where I'll post the pages) http://orphenhenaos.deviantart.com/

P.S. I will keep putting updates even if it is a fail and im not the neatestor the most professional artist but somthings better then nothing.

Jaykoboy

12-08-2011

Wow, looks great. But I'm on a school computer right now, so no Deviant Art for me. Anyways, if you give me a minute, there are a couple of champions I made who I think may fit well into this story. (You DID say 'real AND custom champs.') Their names are Ivan, Liadne, and Scrios. I can have their links on here in only a minute or two. I'm JH'ing this so I can find it later. Cya soon!

-Jaykoboy-

Jaykoboy

12-08-2011

First link is Liadne
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1551195&highlight=liadne
Second is Ivan
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1540981&highlight=ivan+jaykoboy
Last is Scrios
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1318608&highlight=scrios+jaykoboy
Hope at least one of them works for this! If not, that's fine.

SoulFireXVIII

12-08-2011

Sounds awesome. I'll be putting up some champ info for consideration after work.

High Sea Raider

12-08-2011

ty guys, right now i need two fan made champs to have a group of three for now. once selected i'll do a quick sketch of them and get started on the cover. I'll also put links to music which I put on a post, music that i believe should be play'd during certain scenes, remember they cannot be natives of valoria as they are foreigners to the land thats how it starts.

@Jaykoboy loving the Soulweaver series there definatly a spot futher in the story for them and the doom knight.

Hipster Pinkie P

12-09-2011

Going to do just a basic character synopsis right here for ease of use for you.

Name: Ramie Brighthollow
Classification (Role): Damage/Support
Affiliations: None in Valoran

Personality: Odd and blissful. She loves to laugh, and seems to completely lack any sense of self-conscious feelings. Hates to actually kill or maim, preferring to rather teach lessons through combat if conflict occurs.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Abilities: Rather athletic and acrobatic. She prioritizes the same magic she uses to entertain herself and others as a weapon of deception, resulting in almost random facets of battle that even she can't always control.

Appearance: Long, wavy hair the color of coral with brilliantly blue eyes. She's of average height, and is somewhat slim. She wears close-fitting clothing overlaid by a flowing, sheer garment that dimly refracts light. The overall effect makes it somewhat difficult to discern her outline during movement.

Equipment: Varies at different given times. Her belongings are as unpredictable as she is.

Brief History: Born on a chain of islands far distant from Valoran, Ramie's coastal village still felt the worldwide effects of the Rune Wars, as did nearly all of Runterra. Vicious creatures rose from the sea, taking many young and elderly villagers who were unable to defend themselves back to the turbulent depths. The settlement became depressed, with constant fear of death and despair looming over their heads. Ramie had always been happy and joyful, and didn't quite understand why the villagers couldn't move further inland rather than staying and accepting the fate the far-off nations had inadvertantly bestowed upon them. With a promise that she would return someday, Ramie bid her parents goodbye and left toward the source of all their troubles: the foreign magicians and their political squabbles. With a little magic of her own, she knew she could get them to see the lighter side of things.

Hipster Pinkie P

12-09-2011

That was just a quick draft, still not sure I'm satisfied with her name. If this doesn't work and you need another archetype let me know and I'll think something else out!

High Sea Raider

12-09-2011

@Hipster Pinkie P if you decided to change it let me know, I like the idea so i'll start working on the sketch and post as soon as i can.
-support positon has been filled-Ramie
i also received another fan made champ off someone i met online
-mage position has been filled-Vynn
Now i'll start working on the sketches

PinkRambo

12-09-2011

Name: Salvatore
Classification (Role): AD Assassin
Affiliations: Noxus

Personality: He's cold, and calculating. He doesn't care for what people think of him, and he only gets women because he plays hard to get. Actually he doesn't play Hard to get, he is hard to get. That *******. Anyway, he's got a soft side, but it takes the right kind of thing to get him to show it. That soft side is only if he's alone and it's only if it's kids. He loves kids for some reason.....

Alignment: Evil

Abilities: 1: Sword Abilities: Used to be a knight for the Noxian lords. Has all sword training associated with it. Knows how to dual wield with his dagger and sword.

2: Blending: Can fade into a crowd and become inconspicuous. Moves from town to town without anyone able to remember him exactly.

Appearance: Standing at roughly six feet, Salvatore weighs in at about one hundred and eighty five pounds of pure muscle. Toned and slightly lanky, Salvatore has black hair he keeps cropped short to his head, and a pair of slate grey eyes and seem like stones. He wears pants that allow freedom of movement, and shirts that open at the chest, and cinch at his wrists, in black. His boots come up to his knees, and fold down, quite like a pirates. His sword is worn strapped to his back, the hilt going over his left shoulder.

Equipment: Long sword, and a dagger on his hip

Brief History: Born and trained in Noxus, Salvatore was trained to be a knight since he was the second son of the family. After all, the Second son is always destined for the military of some sort. Salv renounced any and all claims to his family titles, and only ever goes by his first name. Stubborn and harsh since that was the country he grew up in, Salv never learned kindness unless he wanted something, and even then he wasn’t all that kind.

He trained and became a knight at the tender age of 18. He defected from the Knights (not the Knights who drink tea, just regular Knights) he grew up with at the age of 26, and became a mercenary because it paid better. Thirsty for money and anything that can prove a challenge, Salv is always on the hunt for the next big thing.

Jaykoboy

12-09-2011

Thanks for approving of the Soulweavers. (OMG, I'm finally going to get to see what my guys look like to everyone who reads their descriptions!)