Does anyone take dominion seriously at this point?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buttros

12-08-2011

Dominion is so much anti-fun UNLESS you play certain champs. It shows how unbalanced champs are outside SR.

Play Sion, Rammus and you have an auto-win.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttros View Post
Dominion is so much anti-fun UNLESS you play certain champs. It shows how unbalanced champs are outside SR.

Play Sion, Rammus and you have an auto-win.
Do you mean, "play sion against a team that doesn't understand him"? Because that's why he dominates.

It's the same reason he gets banned in SR. I don't understand why you people think SR is so perfectly balanced...it's not. Neither map will EVER be balanced.

And you can always ban rammus. Unless you're talking about blind pick...in which case I'll say SR blind pick has just as many "broken" champs.

CPFalcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

I take it about as seriously as I take Classic. If you're sick of your teammates being bad, get a 5-man team and get them in vent/skype/etc. If you're sick of OP champs, play draft. If you do one or both of those things, Dominion is actually quite fun!
Some people say it doesn't take much skill, but it really does! Though, more in a tactical and map-awareness sense than APM, skillshot skill, etc. You need to know when to give up on windmill and surprise push to their bot. You need to know the best spots to juke a superior enemy until your teammates can back you up. There's lots of little things that start to become more and more apparent the more you play.
I have a few friends that don't play Classic anymore because they don't like how long the games are, plus I enjoy it quite a lot myself, so I've played around 500 games on the Crystal Scar.
I suggest getting a few buddies who know their way around Dominion and playing a few games with them. Get them to teach you some tips and tricks, get them to teach you the meta, but most importantly of all, coordinate and strategize! I think you'd be surprised how important (and possible) it is to work together even when you're on opposite sides of the map.

Psi21

12-08-2011

Why I like Crystal Scars:

A. Such a fast pace game there is little room for the Raging Children to mocking each other in chat.

B. Game never lasts more than 30 minutes and yields more IP than SR

C. SR is all about tanky DPS carries now. In Dominion you have some but AP Champs have a chance here since so many AD champs here don't buy MR gear.

D. There is no such thing as needing a tank to play Dominion. No one has to listen to some one whine about needing the role filled.

E. In Dominion you don't need the stereo roles like in SR: One tank/tanky DPS top, one hyper jungler, one AP Mid and AD Carry Bot with Support getting no creep and getting gold per 5 items.

Sorry don't need that yawn factor of SR, the child attitudes and preset roles of anti-fun.

73lack Valor

12-08-2011

No, I don't take Dominion seriously. I don't take Summoner's Rift seriously either. This is a video game.

I haven't seen an Akali, Rammus, Sion, or Jax for around 5+ games now. I did, however, see two Jannas, a Veigar (who wrecked), a Vlad (who did great bottom), an Orianna, and a few Malzahars. The champion balance in dominion is still developing, as people test out more champions and strategies. Anyone who's played lately can tell you this. The only possible people who don't are probably the same people who played three games during beta and whined about seeing at least one of the former champions every game. It isn't the same. The balance issues Dominion has are completely overstated.

However, I still see Shaco all the **** time.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-08-2011

I love how people play a handful of games and complain about Dominion. You poor saps. Try learning the game before you bash it. I can guarantee it took quite a lot of SR games before you had a clue as to what was going on.

There is also a large contingent of people who refuse to play Dominion until Ranked exists. The funny part about this is that they will join ranked and spend the first 100-150 games learning how to play. Ultimately, they'll be far behind the Dominion crowd who plays now. HAHA. Suckers.

CyrisAeon

12-08-2011

I like Dominion about twice as much as normal mode. I prefer Draft mode and enjoy playing 2-3 matches a night after work.

I'm a former DotA player.

J Gat

12-08-2011

I think it's going to take time, extreme changes, or possibly a community mod breakoff (hopefully not) for it to be taken seriously, but the player base is blaming it on Riot for some reason. Only thing holding back the success and quality of the game is us. I am just still thankful that Riot has the balls to do something such as announce a possible change in the map (yesterday they did), because that shows they are taking it more than seriously. Map changes are no minor thing for programmers, and for meta game theorycrafters it's even more of a nightmare, believe it or not.

My opinion; dominion is too fast for many players to play at the competitive level they used to.