Does anyone take dominion seriously at this point?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bourbonowns

12-07-2011

It would be better if it wasn't completely dominated by Tanky DPS champions, Shaco and Rammus.

The game mode is reasonably fun. The balance is piss poor. The only solution I can come up with is making the Crystal Scar aura unique to each champion to balance them for the map. It's origin is already your champion. Why not make the buffs / debuffs different for everyone to balance them out?

Twerking Braixen

12-07-2011

it lags the **** out of my computer compared to summoner's rift, so i don't play it.

Ornithopter

12-07-2011

I think of it as deathmatch.

Juodas Balta

12-07-2011

It's great fun, just need to ban Rammus and likes.

Skarnitelos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonowns View Post
It would be better if it wasn't completely dominated by Tanky DPS champions, Shaco and Rammus.
?
Did you classify Shaco and Rammus as tanky dps? Or is it Tanky dps, and shaco, and Rammus? Lol

XaoGarrent

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimski View Post
I just go on there and play Karthus whenever I need a win. It's stupid how broken some champs are in it.
What you fail to realize, is your Karthus is someone elses Alistar. And that Alistar is someone else's Teemo. The number of so called "broken" champs on dominion covers more than half the cast, people just haven't realized it yet because many are still mostly playing the champs they've found personally to be "broken."

The reason being is something about dominion's nature causes champs with the correct build to be extremely game changing in whatever they do, and if you let any game changing champ run rampant you're going to have issues. Nearly every champ in the game has something that can be massively exploited on Dominion, most people just haven't looked far enough into them to see what it is.

Nobody talks about how broken Alistar is there, but he's every bit as bad as Rammus for a different set of reasons. Namely the fact he's virtually impossible to pull off a point in any reasonable amount of time, and completely disables your team in any large scale fight. And Teemo, as fragile as he may be, seriously wrecks AD damage dealers in fights, which is extremely powerful in a game mode focused on champ fights and even more powerful with people foolishly favoring AD so much.

I recently won a 4v5 because 3 of the 4 people they had up top were AD and I was playing Teemo along side a Sion and Eve. We had fights where we killed all 4 of the enemies up top and barely lost any health, and the few we failed to win outright Eve came in and mopped up somehow.

Sonovius

12-07-2011

I dont take any video game seriously but I do enjoy playing Dominion from time to time.

No one thought it would replace SR. Its an alternative and a good one.

ChenWei91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

"It's fast, it's fun!"

*cough*

Daeclue

12-07-2011

no its terrible...played it during its beta..i think ive played 10 games since..its bland and just not fun

SoulProvider

12-07-2011

I like dominion because it's easier to slip a game in when you don't time to fit a whole game of SR in. It's not always easy for a married man with a kid on the way to commit to what could potentially be a hour long game. Twenty minutes is a much more reasonable.