Say 'Aye' if you believe Mac dont deserve LoL

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sciyth

Senior Member

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronata View Post
The fun part is, every recent MAC IS A COMPUTER, just without Windows, and without any good Software :P.
Even more fun, its not even the most to Date Hardware, its just for the Price of the most to Date Hardware :P
So, let them think they are elite, and also let them think we are laughing with them :P (and not about them, because they payed 100-200% too much for there hardware, just to have an Apple Sticker on it lol)
we're still mac users. we just don't agree with the OP. based on your response i would guess you are uneducated in the actual differences between a Mac and PC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekronata

Senior Member

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
we're still mac users. we just don't agree with the OP. based on your response i would guess you are uneducated in the actual differences between a Mac and PC.
The only once uneducated are Mac users, since anyone blowing away so much money, hardly can call themselves educated. The time of MACs is long gone, now its only a status symbol.
But what I learned, you can't discus such things on a fair lvl with Applefanboys anyways, so I won't even try it, so here is my Hand, speak to it....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Shiba

Senior Member

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronata View Post
The only once uneducated are Mac users, since anyone blowing away so much money, hardly can call themselves educated. The time of MACs is long gone, now its only a status symbol.
But what I learned, you can't discus such things on a fair lvl with Applefanboys anyways, so I won't even try it, so here is my Hand, speak to it....
Yes, spending more moneyr=uneducated. Therefore, anyone spending thousands of dollars in going to Harvard can count themselves as "uneducated" yes?

You say that you have learned that you cant discuss "such things" on equal terms with "applefanboys", yet i dont even see you attempting to discuss it. You just come in here blasting away with these comments about how mac software is bad or how mac users are paying more because they can and attempting to back it up by claiming that no one can argue with you because they themselves are blinded by fanboyism. Guess what ***, the Mac userbase is growing at an exponential rate. Perhaps the time of Windows is coming to an end.

One last thing, the part where you say we are paying more because of the mac os... completely wrong proving that you dont know **** about this arguement and that you are just a PC troll with nothing better to do. Lets looks at the prices here:
Price of Lion: $30

Price of Windows 7: $120 at the cheapest, $220 with ultimate.
At least 4x the price.

ok ive had my rant for today goodbye.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-10-2011

there's a reason for people to buy Macs instead of running Lion (30$ against 200) on a pc... would be cool to spend 150$ less and have the same quality of a mac, wouldn't it... the reason is the hardware. get the same hardware on a Dell computer, check the price. almost the same, slightly less ('cause you won't find some of the mac hardware in Dell's lists).

and there's even more of a reason for people to run OS X instead of Windows...

but whatever, as long as you guys think of a computer like "a console with lots of keys", there's no discussion.

ps. since people want arguments and not words... somebody once said you shouldn't confront a mac and a pc with the same specs, but a mac and a pc with the same price. Popular Mechanics did it. a 1500$ relatively-outdated Mac against a 1800$ totally new pc. slightly more processing power for the Mac, three times as much RAM for the pc... wanna know the numerical results of the test? http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/4258725


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OPTICBOB

Junior Member

12-10-2011

aye


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sciyth

Senior Member

12-10-2011

just to throw a little more on to Ed's argument.

Computers that run windows require more ram because the way the software is designed. Windows is an extremely open system that uses lots and lots of middle-ware. This requires significantly more ram.

Apple uses a closed system and their software and hardware are designed together. This achieves equal or better results for less processing power and ram. Also Mac's tend to last longer. My iMac was 1500 US dollars. It was purchased over 4 years ago. The computer is old. the software is old. It runs about the same as a brand new 1,000 dollar PC. For 30$ more (as pointed out above) i can get OSx Lion which will improve my computer even more. the brand new 1,000 PC will effectively last about 2 years. 3 years if you put some money into maintaining it and purchasing the next Windows OS (expect that to be about 150$).

if that's not enough for you than here's some math that even you might be able to handle.

You buy a Mac for 1700 dollars. it will effectively last 4 years.
1700/4= 425 $ per year (even less with student discount and a few other tricks you can use to get it cheaper)

You buy a PC for 1700 dollars. it will effectively last you 3 years if you take good care of it.
1700/3 = 567 $ per year
you can get a cheaper PC but it will be a lot worse and last you even less time.

tl;dr Over the life span of the computer Mac's are a better value and accomplish more with less do to architecture (designing the software and hardware together)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-10-2011

i'd add: if a system "requires" more ram, it's not just a matter of giving it said ram: it will also need to use it. wich means it'll run more operation, and therefore be slower.

basically, no matter what you do, windows is slower because of the way it's designed, and it's not something they can avoid or fix, since they have to keep compatibility with the older versions (something they're already failing pretty hard at. try playing a 1995 game on a 2005 pc, it almost won't run. and don't you dare saying you don't want to play Curse of Monkey Island). same goes for system stability - it just won't improve until they remake it. and they won't, or they'll break the compatibility, wich is what's keeping windows alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brokane

Senior Member

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronata View Post
The fun part is, every recent MAC IS A COMPUTER, just without Windows, and without any good Software :P.
Even more fun, its not even the most to Date Hardware, its just for the Price of the most to Date Hardware :P
So, let them think they are elite, and also let them think we are laughing with them :P (and not about them, because they payed 100-200% too much for there hardware, just to have an Apple Sticker on it lol)
:P :P :P

lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nansa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronata View Post
The only once uneducated are Mac users, since anyone blowing away so much money, hardly can call themselves educated. The time of MACs is long gone, now its only a status symbol.
But what I learned, you can't discus such things on a fair lvl with Applefanboys anyways, so I won't even try it, so here is my Hand, speak to it....
When I read this I LMFAOROFFL. only one uneducated is you obviously.... "the only once uneducated are mac users" look at your post before you come her and insult mac users in there own forums. mac in my opinion are better than pc's because well frankly i hate the blue screen of death, i hate how unstable windows is and the fact that all your parts are made from other company's in other country's. plus I am an artist and mac's are way better for the art's then a pc. and lets just top this off. Even when I had windows on my mac it ran better then my actual pc. so do us mac users a favor and gtfo with your nonsense.


12