Best way to farm IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conquered

07-07-2010

I'm sure this is brought up every day, But I'd like to find an easy way to farm IP. I think it's a bit much that 1 Quintessence is more than half the champions in the game. I've been using the same Teir 2 runes since 22, Because the Teir 3 runes I need just so happen to be 900 IP a piece. It would take months to fill out one page for a single champion. I just do a bunch of 5v5's, But it seems terribly slow. How does everyone else farm their IP?

Prumpie Iron Toe

07-07-2010

Play a lot.

Sparro

07-07-2010

buy a ip boot..... play TT a LOT and hope for faster games =/?

or just buy a ip boost there really isnt a way to farm faster beside playing more

Lucchinii

07-07-2010

6 practice matches with bots.

Play an "op" champ that gets things done fast in a 5v5 match.

Also, never buy T1 or T2 runes.
Ever.

..Still regret buying that T2 ASPD Quint.

Archlord Mythos

07-07-2010

Farming IP is easier with the new, lessened penalty on bot/practice matches. Just remember that you only get IP from playing with equal players/bots on each team, if the game is over 10 minutes long, and only on 10 practice matches per day (I think, not totally sure but always good to test).

71 ip from a single practice match, perhaps even less than 15 minutes, almost guaranteed if you just push!

Throw in an IP boost and you can have your farming done in next to no time. The trouble comes in balancing this quick and easy IP out with enough actual matches to keep getting better and get bigger boosts of IP.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2010

I think buying T1 runes is fine. One game can pay for half a page of T1 runes. But yeah, never buy T2 runes.

NeonSpotlight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post

Ever.

T2 I understand but T1 are actually really useful....

Lucchinii

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDark View Post
I think buying T1 runes is fine. One game can pay for half a page of T1 runes. But yeah, never buy T2 runes.
..Well, kinda yeah, T1 runes are ok since they cost like 10 ip for one rune.
T2.. Lolno.

ArgentFire

07-07-2010

It took me about a month to grab a full page of tier 3 runes, which isn't a very long time considering how long you'll be using the runes. I think getting the IP for a new rune is a great incentive to play harder, to make sure that you win so that you're that much closer to getting a new rune. Now that I have 2 full rune pages, I've saved up almost 9000 IP, and since I own every champ as well, it's kind of just sitting there until Xin Zhao comes out and I can blow it on him. Also, don't think about it as farming, but rather as working towards making your gameplay that much stronger. Thinking positive may make it a more enjoyable experience for you to get the IP.

restlessraccoon

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post

Ever.

CANT STRESS THE T1 T2 RUNE THING ENOUGH!!!! USELESS!!!!

And well if you want to farm and don't mind putting money down for it get an IP boost.

What I do, regardless of the boost or not, is play fast practice games. Only you on your team vs one of theirs (New Player), preferably Soraka since she has the harder time stopping someone, and push mid until you get the inhib. The enemy player wont stop you till you're at the base tower in front of the inhib.
Once the mid inhib is down go buy some dmg or attack speed and bring down those nexus towers. Wait for min 11 and then destroy the nexus.
Do this 6 times a day for 71 IP per game. Thats 426 IP in an hour WITHOUT THE BOOST!

I find Yi works best for this since his E is basically more dmg and his ult is attack speed.

After that you can always play normal games, and enjoy!

Tl/dr: 1v1 in SR push mid and kill nexus at min 11. Repeat 6 times per day.