Should Fauna (Flora) be added to the Champion Roster?

Yes, with or without tweaks! 952 90.93%
NEVER! We don't need another support champion for now 95 9.07%
Voters: 1047. You may not vote on this poll

Fauna: A Support Champion Suggestion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balduron04 View Post
Can she activate her AoE cleanse while under CC? If she can, passive tenacity is fine. If she can't, I recommend her passive not being tenacity.
For balance reasons I think Flora should not be able to ult out of stuns or silences. However, if the devs feel she is too weak without this, they could always give her this perk. As on paper (for now), it is best for her to remain without the ability to ult out of such disables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balduron04 View Post
About the heal: 5 seconds of increased armor and magic resistance isn't very long. Its most useful in a clutch situation where the enemy is going to keep hurting you, or as a pre-fight buff. If you get into a fight, and use it at the beginning, it might kick in half way, or be over before the heal has popped with one side retreating from the other. If your side looses, you just missed on your heal, and its effectiveness drops to 0. If it has to have a delay, I'd prefer a delay of 1 second between using it and it popping. Many champions can do 200-500 damage during that one second, and the MR/Armor doesn't save you from the Ignite damage either. I don't know how big a 300 radius is though. Is it around the range of Alistar's heal? 1 second delay on an alistar range heal seems very nice to me, though the base numbers should probably be upped. The mana for heal also seems wrong to me. People generally tell me that Kayle has the worst heal in the game. Flora starts off with a higher cost, and lower base heal, scaling roughly along kayle's numbers. Alistar scales from half your mana cost to almost your heal range, and he's mostly a tank, though he supports as well. I'd at least prefer the mana to heal ratio on alistar, with his 20 mana going to 30 ally heal at lvl 1 (flora should heal more than 30 at the start) especially since Ali's heal is a flat 12 seconds of cooldown while yours starts off at WAY more. The closest champ to your idea is Taric, and his riot approved scaling starts off at 60+ 40 per level. Most of the time you'll be hitting only 2 champs, and your ratio is .2 less than Tarics, so I think you could get away with a 50 base and 50 per additional level scaling. And that's just going by the numbers. Mana seems ok for a 50+50 scaling, but if its 40 or 30 base, mana cost should be slightly reduced. Since this is a tweak thing, it doesn't matter so much.
Very good observation. I will bump the numbers up a little. As for your query about how big 300 radius is, it is actually pretty small. Like Fizz playful/trickster is 400 per leap. I do not intend to increase the radius on the heal to match Alistar's heal because I want that to be his own niche. However, I am fine with her getting higher numbers on her heal with a 1.5-2 second delay.

So, thanks for bringing all this to my attention and contrasting her skills with that of the other champions. Please check back on her, as her numbers will be slightly changed.

vvolfster

12-11-2011

W was too strong. Now it's good. good concept overall, esp the ult. and loving the art submissions.

LuluVicious

12-11-2011

bump, great idea

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

I think this could work but it'd still need major tweaks so if you make that an option in your poll, I'll click it.

Ibraesil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by serif View Post
i really like the concept, though i think the numbers are a bit off.

Q could use higher damage considering tenacity would reduce the damage dealt by reducing the root duration.
W would need it's heal significantly nerfed to fit in the current meta as a support.
E would need a massive cooldown especially paired with w, which would just feel really bad.
R is an awesome concept. I like the tenacity and cleanse pairing.
Passive is pretty solid.

These are all of course just my opinion. =) great concept. +1
here we have it!
Riot have actually looked at this forum section after it's creation!

Hero Wolf

12-12-2011

Fantastic idea, i would definetely play her...AND I DON'T EVEN PLAY SUPPORTS!

3mptylord

12-12-2011

Does Relieving Breeze have the same conditions as Cleanse? In that, it doesn't work against suppression? Also, can Fauna activate it whilst under CC herself (like Ragnarok or Unbreakable Will)?

Quote:
Allied Units within 500 radius of Flora have their tenacity set to 10 / 15 / 20 (unless they possess an item that gives a higher tenacity).
I'm not sure how useful this is at any stage of the game. 10% crowd control reduction is almost unnoticable, especially at level 6 when most CC hasn't been ranked that high yet... and by level 11/16, most champions will own a tenacity item that provides 35. Perhaps just grant 10/15/20% crowd control reduction? Or 20/25/30 Tenacity?

I don't know. It just seems a little weak. The cool things about champions like Twisted Fate, Zilean, Janna, Soraka, etc, is that you can take their passives into account when choosing items/quintessences/masteries, etc. Fauna's shared-tenacity never replaces what can be obtained otherwise.

Good champion. I like the faun-appearance over the centaur one.

FoxMindedGuy

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
I think this could work but it'd still need major tweaks so if you make that an option in your poll, I'll click it.
The first option in the poll states, with or without tweaks.

FoxMindedGuy

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
Does Relieving Breeze have the same conditions as Cleanse? In that, it doesn't work against suppression? Also, can Fauna activate it whilst under CC herself (like Ragnarok or Unbreakable Will)?
I had mentioned it somewhere before that yes it can't cleanse suppression and no it can't be activated under CC. But I will put it on the front page too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
I'm not sure how useful this is at any stage of the game. 10% crowd control reduction is almost unnoticable, especially at level 6 when most CC hasn't been ranked that high yet... and by level 11/16, most champions will own a tenacity item that provides 35. Perhaps just grant 10/15/20% crowd control reduction? Or 20/25/30 Tenacity?

I don't know. It just seems a little weak. The cool things about champions like Twisted Fate, Zilean, Janna, Soraka, etc, is that you can take their passives into account when choosing items/quintessences/masteries, etc. Fauna's shared-tenacity never replaces what can be obtained otherwise.

Good champion. I like the faun-appearance over the centaur one.
The reason why I do not want it to stack with other tenacity items is because she already has a bad-ass ultimate activation. Having a sick passive could make her OP. Of course the numbers could be tweaked and concept too a bit.

Andvir

12-12-2011

I like the concept, but I'd say even as a support she's kinda lacking in versatility.

-only one ability with true offensive use (an awesome one but nothing else for her to help in that respect)

-a delayed aoe heal, I wonder about the effectiveness of such an ability in real fights. with it's small range enemies can basicly aoe on top of it. perhaps make the heal instant and make the armor/MR an aura from the flower that lasts 5sec?

-maybe switch her E's activate to being a frontal wave (same as Sona's ult) that reduces dmg delt by enemy champions by 15-10-15% for 5 seconds.
(again, I don't really feel she'd be particularly viable with so little versatility, the current healing meta is... just enough to let you keep someone in lane if they're not too agressive)

-her ult's passive should be global IMO, I really like the idea but with it being centered around her by the time it'll really benefit her team the majority of them will have tenacity.

-her ult's active :/ extremely situational, especially with the skill list on the first page she would only be worth having against teams with AoE CC or an extreme dependance on heavy AoE.

-lastly her passive, I really like the concept however with the skillset she's got listed on the front page she'd have virtually 100% up time (3sec timer on her target and her only offensive attack is a root with similar duration) seems a little bias to me, if she had reason to attack enemies making the passive a trade-off I think it'd be great but with that skill set there's virtually no trade off. With supports being a favorite focus and generally building defensive/aura gear anyways.

well that's my 2 cents. I hope it helps