Should Fauna (Flora) be added to the Champion Roster?

Yes, with or without tweaks! 952 90.93%
NEVER! We don't need another support champion for now 95 9.07%
Voters: 1047. You may not vote on this poll

Fauna: A Support Champion Suggestion

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 36
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

12-07-2011

Hi Summoners,

It has been a while since Riot released a new support champion. So I was wondering if I could help them with coming up with an idea of how the champion should play. Please note that everything in this thread is conceptual and the numbers could change if they seem to be too strong or weak.

FLORA, the Nature Goddess

Lore (by Prelt)

Flora comes from a land very different than the war-torn Valoran. It is a place where nature and magic entwine together, called Halsinar. Unlike the magic-torn lands where the League is held, Halsinar has not known war for many ages. Flora and her ilk reside within a realm of constant spring where golden sunlight and the scent of blooming plants fill the air. Conflict in the lands is resolved in relitively no time, due to the peaceful and calming atmosphere.

But, long ago, Halsinar was very much like how Valoran has been. Brutal campaigns sundered and tore at the land and people. It was not until a group of mages who had harnessed the powers of the very wilds themselves intervened being lead by their archmage, Flora. They traveled the land, binding the rampant magic to the land and themselves. Since then, peace has reigned over. Now, Flora has come to Valoran and the League, seeking enough following and favor so that she may bring the same peace to the nature that cries out to her.

"She masters over nature and magic, her power should not be underestimated." - Maokai, the Twisted Treant

Basic Statistics:
Damage -> 50 (+3 per level)
Health -> 400 (+75 per level)
Mana -> 200 (+75 per level)
Move Speed -> 310
Attack Speed -> 0.8 (+0.1 per level)
Armor -> 8 (+3.6 per level)
Spell Block -> 30 (+0 per level)
Health Regen -> 1.00 (+0.11 per level)
Mana Regen ->1.36 (+0.13 per level)

(Q) Conjuring Roots
Activation Range -> 600
Mana Cost -> 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150
Cool-Down -> 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds

Activation:
Target an enemy to spawn thorny roots in between his feet. This causes him to be immobilized for 1.50 seconds. Additionally the rooted target takes 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 (+0.15 AP) magic damage every 0.25 seconds.

(W) Blossoming Rose
Activation Range -> 600
Mana Cost -> 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 / 125
Cool-Down -> 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds

Activation:
Target an area to throw magical seeds over there. A red color rose then starts to emerge/grow there for 1.50 seconds, after which it explodes and its pollens spread in the area. All allies within 300 radius of the rose exploding are healed for 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.4 AP) and have their armor and magic resistance increased by 7 / 14 / 21 / 28 / 35 for 5 additional seconds.

(E) Calming Fragrance
Activation Range -> 600
Mana Cost -> 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 / 150
Cool-Down -> 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 seconds

Passive Aura:
Flora and all allied champions within 1200 radius of her have their mana regeneration increased by 1.5 / 3 / 4.5 / 6 / 7.5 per every 5 seconds. This effect becomes inactive, when Flora is dead or when this spell is on cool-down.

Activation:
Target an area to immediately pop a white flower there (from within the ground). This white flower lasts 5 seconds and all ally champions, who stand within 400 radius of said flower, are granted 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% reduction in their ability cool-downs, along with 1.2% / 2.4% / 3.6% / 4.8% / 6.0% (+0.01 AP) replenishment of their maximum mana per second.

Additionally, enemy champions that are within 500 radius of the flower are slowed by 6% / 12% / 18% / 24% / 30% (until they leave the area) and have their health pool drained at the rate of 1% / 1.5% / 2% / 2.5% / 3% (+0.01 AP) a second

(R) Relieving Breeze
Activation Range -> Self Cast (on Self, so 0 range)
Mana Cost -> 85 / 170 / 255
Cool-Down -> 140 / 120 / 100 seconds

Passive Aura:
Allied Units within 600 radius of Flora have their tenacity set to 10 / 15 / 20 (unless they possess an item that gives a higher tenacity).

Activation:
Every Allied Champion within 600 radius of Flora is immediately cleansed (experiencing same thing like they just blow cleanse) and have their movement speed increased by 10% / 15% / 20% for 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. This skill can not be activated when Flora is stunned or silenced, and like Cleanse, it does not rid allies from suppression.

(Passive) Mellow Vibe
All enemies that Flora has not damaged in the last 5 / 4 / 3 seconds deal 10% / 15% / 20% less damage to her.

ReQuEsT to ALL VieWerS: Whenever you are done voting or simply reading this, could you please leave a comment as well to keep this thread fresh and alive. I am (and would be) eternally grateful to your undying support

Also if you like this, you might have a blast reading Fanny Bumwhistles.

Edit#01: Tweaked the numbers a little upon your valuable feedback summoners. Also changed her name from Fauna to Flora. Thanks again for all your criticisms.
Edit#02: After lots of feedbacks, thanks again guys, I tweaked the numbers again a bit, but please bear in mind. It is the concept that matters here. Number adjustment is where you guys come in and Riot balance crew.
Edit#03: As other areas of Flora were nerfed and common thought was that her E had no late-game viability. I mingled around with it a bit. Let me know what you guys think of all the tweaks, especially the added bonus on Calming Fragrance.
Edit#04: Changed her 3rd ability yet again. Hopefully this fits her kit better now! Also added activation ranges, cool-downs and mana costs for further evaluation/feedback.
Edit#05: Changed the Calming Fragrance skill one more time, hopefully the last time. Reverted it back to a simple mana replenisher, with no other steroid. I recognized that granting attack speed bonus was making her a little too versatile for everyone's liking. Please feel free to comment away.
Edit#06: Made the root duration a stagnant 1.50 seconds from scaling 1.00 / 1.25 / 1.50 / 1.75 / 2.00 seconds. Slightly reduced the heal flower pop delay from 2 to 1.50 seconds. Also increased the ultimate radius from 500 to 600 on both passive and active part.
Edit#07: Per the suggestions of many, gave her mana skill an offensive use as well. Also added scaling to that skill.
Edit#08: Tweaked the passive range on Calming Fragrance substantially.
Edit#09: Changed Mellow vibe's description a little to clarify that it was not just auto-attacks but also offensive spells that could trigger off her tankiness against opponents.
Edit10: Added Attack Speed to the statistics. Thanks to Masicham for catching this one.
Edit#11: Nerfed HP drain, general consensus was that the numbers (scaling up to 5%) were too strong.
Edit#12: Added Lore, thanks to Prelt.
Edit#13: Reduced AP ratio on first ability by 0.05 (so it went from +0.2 AP to +0.15AP).

Please check the rough sketches / concept arts by:
Riku
Samurai Squash
Foxmindedguy (the Duck one)
&
Yeshimlisha (Both the Colored ones are hers)

FoxMindedGuy

12-07-2011

Reserved!

Phence (aka Yeshimlisha) Concept Arts can be seen in max resolution on the following links:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Kadiedid#/d44ua3f

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Kadiedid#/d330mcb

Krauv

12-07-2011

I haven't done the math yet, so I don't really know if she's OP yet.
What about cooldown times? That'd help.
I also like Flora better than Fauna.

FoxMindedGuy

12-07-2011

Whoever upvoted it, can you also post so the thread stays alive .

Thanks for the support guys!

BillyGoatsGruff

Recruiter

12-07-2011

up the movement speed on her ult to like 45% and decrease the amount of armor and magic resist they get from her w cause 75 armor is alot!!

Mussolini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

W too op
edit: Most of her skills are unbalanced. A global cleanse with a passive of a lot of tenacity. Her Q needs more damage. Her E could be tweaked a little as well. And how long does her Q last?

Ajaxijax

12-07-2011

i guess i'll bump

KokeCL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

Love it

Woozl

12-07-2011

Any new support would be more than welcome in my eyes.

AceTokyo

12-07-2011

I really like this idea

1234511 ... 36