Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tip for top laning against yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfsark

12-07-2011

This isnt any sort of groundbreaking knowledge here, its just general understanding of game mechanics.

Stay in the field but very close to the top side bushes. If yorick casts any of his ghoul spells on you, simply walk into the bushes for a split second and the ghoul will go attack minions. This will allow you to stay in range for xp and last hits. I see a lot of people fail vs yorick because whenever he casts a ghoul on them, they run straight for their turret and allow him to last hit while they lose out on some xp.

This tip will not allow you to directly counter any yorick in the top lane with any character, but it does level the playing field a little bit.

BTW: if you are playing as yorick and someone is doing this to you, put a ward in the bush they are running into and your ghouls will continue attacking them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidKingHavoc

12-07-2011

this is a good tip and i think everyone should know about it, i dont play yorick but i see a lot of solotops try to camp the brush against him, and if ur already standing in the brush he can just summon the ghouls in the brush and they will atk you, that's why u just want to stand close to it o u can drop the aggro