Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swain spell vamp good for his ult?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooper112

12-07-2011

I usually go rod of ages, will of the ancients then death cap wondering if this is good or bad.

Does healing get alot more will the spell vamp from that item and plus i did spell vamp in utility.

Sgt Butt Stuff

12-07-2011

with spell vamp his ult makes him nasty. dont forget to build mana so you can sustain his ult longer

The Letter CtrlZ

12-07-2011

Raw AP makes the heal better, and helps your other spells. Extra spell vamp on the ult is overkill, and that is subject to diminishing returns.

And yes, make sure to get mana, as ap/mana gives you more sustain heal than spell vamp.

Juzt

12-07-2011

more AP stronger heals> More defense less damage > Keeps health up. Spellvamp is too expensive

Cooper112

12-07-2011

Quote:
7rmb7:
Raw AP makes the heal better, and helps your other spells. Extra spell vamp on the ult is overkill, and that is subject to diminishing returns.

And yes, make sure to get mana, as ap/mana gives you more sustain heal than spell vamp.

Alot of people seem to say get tear of the Tear of the Goddess but i dont spam my abilities much as him and even end game im not close to the 1000 mana.

I only really buy tear of goddess on champs who spam abilities like Cassiopeia ezreal or few others.

DarkenDragon

12-07-2011

the whole mana problem actually gets solved with AP as well you know, since if you get kills with your ultimate, or with your W, you can generate a ton of your mana back with your passive, you dont need much mana regen that way

and as for the spell vamp is concerned, its not for your passive, its for all your other abilities, espcially your E and Q since they're single target and do quite a bit of damage,

you can regenerate a lot of health back with them and your ultimate. but best to only get it if your allies can also benefit from it as well.

julianjuvenile

12-07-2011

spellvamp doesn't have diminishing returns as its based off percentage. like lifesteal.
and WotA gives you 80 ap and 25% spellvamp for 2100 gold. i think thats a steal

007Adreus

12-08-2011

Of all the games I played with him will of the ancients does help you and your team in fights. The team will stick near you for the spell vamp while at the same time wait for your W. As for the mana troubles Rod of ages then just get blue buff or just grab philo stone.

RawrCrono

12-08-2011

WotA is a pretty strong item for how cheap it is. One thing to consider when deciding when to get it is if your team can make good use of the aura. If after you get a RoA you are still in a good laning phase considering farming for the deathcap, if the match is turning into tons of fights might be better to get a WotA for teamfights. Just remember to always build to what each game needs.

ArchonStrength

12-08-2011

Is there a max to the amount of mana per five seconds I can get? I was trying out Swain in a game and testing out if I could get enough mana to substain his ult forever. I got my mana per 5 sec up to 289 but then when I purchased chalice of harmony it dropped back down to 108. Is there a max to the amount of mana I can gain per five seconds?