Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

With the new jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzm4tic

12-07-2011

I was curious what all crazy things we can do with the jungle now? I've seen karma jungle in a game and do well as well a lot of other champs.

The Questions:

- Can nearly every champ jungle now?(ik most shouldn't)
- Is life steal a must have?
- Who's more suitable to gank now days?
- Are times faster?

I haven't had time to run around and do research so if anyone could answer some of these that'd be great, save a lot of people time of researching on their own.

Thanks, Izzy

CurbStomper2011

12-07-2011

i heard in the upcoming patch theyre gonna make the groups stronger but give more xp and gold.
and the longer the groups are alive the more gold they have.

BendyBread

12-07-2011

Quote:
CurbStomper2011:
i heard in the upcoming patch theyre gonna make the groups stronger but give more xp and gold.
and the longer the groups are alive the more gold they have.

You do realize that the changes have already been made,right? It was a live update.

Oh the joys of reading.

Afraa

12-07-2011

well some champs that had bad laning phases or were assasins can now jungle or jungle better

ie blitzcrank poppy twitch akali

however if they go against a normal jungler like an udyr or a lee sin they can be countered pretty easy

Cenerae

12-08-2011

Nearly anyone can jungle, but only those with either exceptional single target dps, or good aoe damage will be able to clear at an acceptable rate. Someone like Poppy could get through the jungle, but it'd be very slow - and so you'd end up even further behind than the rest of the junglers.

ikillutwice

12-08-2011

JUNGLE NID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u know it could work before jungle was reworked, so good jungle karthus, but in all seriousness try to jungle with fast people otherwise it's not worth it

LoveOfProfit

12-08-2011

Here's some few guides I've put up so far:

Poppy
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1562328

Vayne
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1566054

Cait
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18137473#post18137473

Point is, you can jungle anything now. I jungled Akali by accident for the first time in ranked the other day and won.

larkhill

12-08-2011

most champs could jungle before. stonewall made a jungle vid for every champ. new jungle just makes it easier and u don need to be lvl 30 with perfect runes/masteries to do it.

life steal is still VERY helpful but not all need it. with that said, u need some way to clear camps quickly and some way to stay alive. shields work as well.

ganking requires cc now. with so many champs having a dash/shield/escape mechanism, u really need to cc the enemy to gank effectively, especially early on. this makes champs like maokai A LOT more suitable to jungle now than before since he has such a long range cc.

in general, yes, times are faster. but, u have A LOT less down-time. champs that took 3:40 or so (like mao) can jungle in 3:30 now. champs that could jungle quickly before, jungle just as fast, but dont have as much utility otherwise.

champs like ww and udyr were designed for the old jungle. they jungled quickly but didnt have great gank initiation. now with the new jungle, they're overlooked due to other champs being able to jungle and gank better

Bork9128

12-08-2011

my friend is currently testing a dual junglers approach with someone he knows that might work

Afraa

12-08-2011

Quote:
Cenerae:
Nearly anyone can jungle, but only those with either exceptional single target dps, or good aoe damage will be able to clear at an acceptable rate. Someone like Poppy could get through the jungle, but it'd be very slow - and so you'd end up even further behind than the rest of the junglers.

I actualy tried poppy out last night and she is better than you might think

ad of course start with vamp scepter and she can clear the whole thing
alittle slow at first but she nowballs in the jungle due to her steroid and is good single target due to her q