Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you increase your fps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acrial

12-07-2011

Mine floats around 60 and dips into the 30's and 40's if a big battle's going on. Is this processor, RAM, or video card related? Help me, computer literates!

Netsui

12-07-2011

Mostly RAM for that sort of thing.

Acrial

12-07-2011

Quote:
Netsui:
Mostly RAM for that sort of thing.

So if I get more will the game automatically go up to a higher fps, or is it in settings somewhere to change the frames you want to play at?

Enigmers

12-07-2011

It's hard to say without actually knowing how much RAM, what CPU, and what graphics card you have. If you've got a good CPU and GPU, but very little RAM, then obviously you need more RAM; if you've got a ton of ram but your GPU is from the early Jurassic era, that's something to look at.

Yowane Haku

12-07-2011

I never had FPS issues before, I was always at 60 and never dropped at any given moment. Then I saw a post that said making your FPS cap at benchmark, turning off the shadows and turning off vertical sync increased your FPS, so I did, I'm mostly floating through 120 - 160 FPS but by your problems, doing what I did shouldn't fix it.

Acrial

12-07-2011

Quote:
Enigmers:
It's hard to say without actually knowing how much RAM, what CPU, and what graphics card you have. If you've got a good CPU and GPU, but very little RAM, then obviously you need more RAM; if you've got a ton of ram but your GPU is from the early Jurassic era, that's something to look at.

No this was built a few months ago by my friend and I have all the graphics on max. I like the game looking pretty, I don't want to turn the graphics down to gumby settings to increase my fps lol.

Eator de Souls

12-07-2011

I kinda wanna say that graphics holds the most effect on fps. If the fps dips in big battle, chances are it is because of all the effects going on with the battle.

Quintessence

12-07-2011

sounds like you need to update your graphics card. what is it currently?

Myrolerian

12-07-2011

Yeah, I'd say it with your video card. Also... have you tried gamebooster? If not, go download it and try it. I actually have no video card right now and for another game it lagged a lot, but I used gamebooster and it was fine. It's a good program if you want maximum gaming output.

Matkatamiba

12-07-2011

Reduce shadows and vertical sync