League Of Legends Jungle Timer Software

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevAlmighty

12-18-2011

Bump

Virtual Control

12-18-2011

First, create a project on Google Code, CodePlex (my recommendation), or SourceForge. This way, you can have a legitimate, open sourced program for anyone to review, modify under license (Simplified BSD?), and update if you ever have to leave the project.

Second, set up some kind of subversion! It doesn't matter if you're using SVN, Mercurial, Git... etc.

Third, begin documenting everything, and commenting everything.

Fourth, allow the user to set custom sounds, instead of using TTS.

Fifth, you're using the very old and outdated GlobalSystemHook code from CodeProject, originally posted in 2004. While this code is sufficient and does work, it uses an unmanaged DLL for the actual hooking process, which means that you have to use the "SystemHookCore.dll"... totally un-necessary and involves constant unmanaged interop to that DLL, instead of just the OS. Instead, look into this project http://globalmousekeyhook.codeplex.com/
Instead of having that added as a separate DLL, you can import the code files directly into your project and have no external DLLs.

Sixth, this isn't really a huge issue or even a feature request, but I have to ask and get on your case... Why are you using *.ini files? That might've been acceptable in a VB6 project in the early 2000s, but Microsoft implemented the System.XML namespace for a good reason.

Seventh, this has already been requested, but it needs to be prioritized because of it's importance. Text and/or LightUp and/or HUD overlay. Just in case you're not familiar with this: With a managed language, it's more difficult to do than an injected C++ dll, but the process is basically the same. Hook the direct3ddevice EndScene or Present, and draw it there. It can be done using EasyHook, Deviare, or BlackMagic. Simply using GDI+ to latch onto the hWnd and draw text will flicker, and may cause the game to have significant performance losses.
Links:
EasyHook - http://easyhook.codeplex.com/
Deviare - http://www.nektra.com/products/deviare-api-hook-windows/
Black Magic - http://www.gamedeception.net/showthread.php?p=107319
Suggested reading - http://spazzarama.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/c-screen-capture-and-overlays-for-direct3d-9-10-and-11-using-api-hooks/

Eighth, read up on "process memory hacking". You can read from memory much of what you need to greatly improve your program, such as:
- Auto-detection of the map
- Auto-start map timer / initial neutral monster timers
- Auto-start all buff timers
- Auto-restart timers after you (or team member) sees that a buff has been taken

Additionally, due to the netcode you would not know when the enemy team has killed neutral creeps. The downside is that, due to constant updating and patching of the game, the memory addresses containing those values will likely change upon each update, and need to be re-found and updated.

Nineth, one more, very very trivial thing. Take out the god-forsaken auto-update feature... please. There is no reason for you program to have any kind of internet access.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck. PM me or add me ingame if you have more questions.

KevAlmighty

12-20-2011

bump, PMed you SiNT

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Ill try it out when I get home. Ive been using the android app recently, though this may be more convenient.

KevAlmighty

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by codxmlgxprox420x View Post
Ill try it out when I get home. Ive been using the android app recently, though this may be more convenient.
Thanks , let me know

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

IMO it's a nice little program. Out first I thought I may have issues since it uses TTS and there's no visual timer, but the 30 second warnings were nifty and helpful also.

I can't say anything about the program from a coding/programming aspect, but I can say it's a good little program to help time the jungle.

KevAlmighty

12-21-2011

Glad you like it! Working hard on 2.0 should be up soon

KevAlmighty

12-21-2011

bump

KevAlmighty

12-22-2011

bump

KevAlmighty

12-23-2011

bump