Singed? Specific/Different Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jravolta View Post
I always take Flash + Ghost just because flashfling and the escape/chasing potential of flash is still huge.

Singed can take CC and punishment more than most champs, he doesn't NEED cleanse. If it's a problem, get Mercury's Treads.
Mercury Treads slows Singed down. No longer allowing him to run wildly across the map like an idiot.

I run into 5v1s for fun to disrupt the team. Then they automatically start going after you while your team pushes. To survive this mess you NEED Cleanse.

Soviet Mudkip

07-06-2010

also going against basterds like TF, Eve, Ashe, Sion, etc anyone with stun disabler which is practically any character almost who slows u down or hinders ur escape -> cleanse is a handy tool to get out of those annoying situations

zzbzq

07-06-2010

Starting items are either mana crystal or doran's shield with health pots. For countering junglers, do ward + boots + pots. The mana crystal build is more popular, but it's pointless if your opponents aren't ******ed because it's for flinging people. Doran's shield keeps you in lanes.

For boots, you need speed 3 boots whenever you can get away with it. Merc treads only if necessary. Nothing else. You can actually get speed 3 boots and add merc treads later if you have CC problems. Singed has the farming power to waste money like that.

First item should be either Banshee's Veil or Rod of Ages. No exceptions. Rylai's is Singed's best item, but you won't have the mana if you make it first. Build it second. You are Singed, you can farm it up fast. If you can't beat 9/10 other players to your 2nd item, you weren't going to win anyway. Throw in a chain mail vest and/or negatron before completing the scepter if needed. Don't be shy on Singed or any other character to just build a lonely negatron cloak and not upgrade it right away. Chain vests and negatron cloaks win so many games.

Force of Nature is an awesome item if you need MR, since it adds more speed and health regen. Randuins Omen (or just Warden's Mail) is the best armor item. GA can also work out.

Teir list:
Rylai's
Rod of Ages
Banshee's Veil
Force of Nature
Randuin's Omen/Warden's Mail
Guardian Angel
Frozen Heart
Aegis of Legion
Thornmail
Sunfire Cape
Warmog's

Soviet Mudkip

07-06-2010

used Leirkov's build -> 9/0/9 other team surrendered at 30 mins i just got my G.A. when they surrendered i am lvl 21 currently so meh but leirkov i used the balance build and it worked out perfectly i did a Mana Crystal -> Red Crystal -> Protector -> Blast Wand -> ROA -> swiftness boots -> rylai -> G.A. very nice build for farming lanes too i also had time for a lil jungling for extra money and dragon

JonnyLawless

07-07-2010

Good ideas all

Matthew21210

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jravolta View Post
I always take Flash + Ghost just because flashfling and the escape/chasing potential of flash is still huge.

Singed can take CC and punishment more than most champs, he doesn't NEED cleanse. If it's a problem, get Mercury's Treads.
The only thing worse than a singed without cleanse is a singed without cleanse who's burning through his ultimate and ghost as he's Watching the 200 health squishy saunter away with their fancy stun.
Bring cleanse, buy boots three, kill everything.

Runix

07-07-2010

A less common build is the AP Singed build; a good option for when your team already has a solid tank. For that, I would go with RoA, Rylai's as usual, but from there to Zhonya's and/or Hextech Revolver->Will of the Ancients. You can also mix in an early Haunting Guise if you're doing well, and late game you can go with a Lich Bane if you're feeling aggressive.

Again, an unusual build, but a good option if your team is already tank-heavy.

Ebonclaw

07-07-2010

RoA first, always

Second items:
Archangel's
Rylai's
Force of Nature

Rushing an Archangel right after the RoA is pretty awesome for Singed. The mana from the RoA makes the Archangel passive as powerful as if you maxed your Tear and had no RoA, so you're still getting a great value - and the mana regen is a really big deal for Singed.

Rylai's puts slow on your Poison Trail, gives a bunch more HP and AP, very solid item for Singed.

Force of Nature because regen and run speed are Singed's whole shtick, and it's the highest MR on a single item.

General rule of thumb, you are not a "tank" in the traditional sense. As long as you keep your damage high, and you build strong, you will be able to act as the team's initiator, AND get lots of kills. Your goal is not to run up and pound on someone, and soak tons of damage (you will soak a bit, Singed is a brick house to begin with), you kite people to death, disorienting and killing them while allowing them the least possible opportunity to beat on you.

The key to Singed's usefulness in a team, is having multiple 'high value targets' on the team. If you've got say, Ryze and Kat, you will generally never get focused, which gives you the opportunity to run around gassing everyone and tossing them on their heads.

Madawc

07-07-2010

as RoA is a good items on singed. his ult is lets him kill whole teams.

warmogs/boots/spirit visage/abbysal scepter/zhonyas ring/guardian angel

this build works very at tanking an entire team, chasing into enemy nexus, basically being a brutal singed

Leirkov

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Mudkip View Post
used Leirkov's build -> 9/0/9 other team surrendered at 30 mins i just got my G.A. when they surrendered i am lvl 21 currently so meh but leirkov i used the balance build and it worked out perfectly i did a Mana Crystal -> Red Crystal -> Protector -> Blast Wand -> ROA -> swiftness boots -> rylai -> G.A. very nice build for farming lanes too i also had time for a lil jungling for extra money and dragon
I would get a Mana Crystal, and hopefully you get a couple laning kills/assists and scores ome last hits, I -usually- wanna get back to shop with 1300 gold in hand, so I can get Catalyst and level 1 boots in one run.

From there you can either finish off RoA or just get the boots right away. You do enough damage with a laning partner so having small chasing ability (Boots of Swiftness) is my preference to get after Catalyst rather than finish the RoA. But you'll figure out after some games how you wanna build him I guess.