Twisted TreeLine 3v3 Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulzion View Post
Umm.. ok. Go look at my ranking and games with Galio. He is an amazing solo bot 2v1 when my team have a jungler, and if I get some early ap, I hope you weren't looking to farm because you're losing half your health bar when you go near a minion. Plus lvl 6 comes around and that ultimate wins team fights.
I don't understand. What makes Galio good? o.O Just cause he can take 2v1 bot? o.O Strong MR? What is it? He has no burst dmg, he can sustain, but clearly do nothing except channel his ulti, which can be disabled so easily. Gailo has so many flaws. And if you don't farm, you lose the game like a joke. And level 6 ultis don't win games, because you can disable it easily just like Malz Ulti.

Sam

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduraga View Post
Overall seems to be a pretty good list. You undervalue some of the champions based on their stand-alone presence rather than what they can do together as a team. Zilean/Rammus/Fiddlesticks/Kayle and Tryndamere are really annoying to deal with for example. You also pick out specific builds for champs and don't bother with others (AD Sion, AD Shaco, AP Teemo, AD TF, etc.). These are just my opinions based on my experiences (each to their own right?):

- AP Shaco, as has been mentioned before, is not Tier 2 at all - especially in Draft Mode of all places. AD Shaco has a much better start, early to mid game, but he kind of trails off late game especially if the other team is allowed to turtle.
- Akali. Since her nerfs, I wouldn't place her quite as high. Unless you're playing a ranged carry or a squishy mage with no CC, you shouldn't really have a problem with her. Not a very good pick in my opinion unless she's the last champ picked or used as a counterpick.
- Volibear is a very poor pick against any highly mobile champ, which most of the people in the tiers above him happen to be. I've had a Volibear on my team going against a Vayne, Morgana and Ezrael. Probably the most useless that bear has ever felt. That's just one example, but the counters to Volibear are also really easy to do. Should be dropped to Tier 4.
- Lux, while not as great a pick as Morgana, is still a good pick. She's very skillshot dependent and missing one can be disastrous, but let's be honest here, if you can't land your skillshots, why are you playing those types of champs? And if you're getting ganked, its not hard to fire your skillshot backwards and snare them, then throw down your slow in front of them. She's Tier 3 at least.
- Twitch isn't downright useless. He's just a poor pick. Tier 6 seems more appropriate. If you placed MF above Twitch, I think something is wrong there lol.

There are a couple of others that I disagree with that are based on more circumstances than anything else:

- Blitzcrank. I feel like you undervalued him a little bit. He's not great in all team compositions, but in some he works ridiculously well in.
- Soraka. Actually kind of surprised, she's that high. I must've missed the MO of where she was actually worth playing in a serious game rather than trolling the enemy team and laughing at their faces.
- Veigar. Since there's usually at least 1 AP champion on the enemy team, having Veigar present will send him home hurting. He's also pretty useful nuking down other AD Carries for your teammates as well. And by your description of the Tier he is in, I'd love to see a Karthus take on a Veigar any day when both are on the same level. Same for Xerath for that matter...

And Viktor, as much as I like him, should probably be Tier 5 or 6. The two spells that contribute the most to what is valued in 3s, dies with Viktor - making Viktor, a close up and personal mage, a big target. His slow/stun and ultimate both disappear whenever Viktor dies, and it's not that hard to kill him. On the other hand, I like using him against Tryndameres.

As a side note, everytime I see Pantheon and Xerath I usually jump for glee. It means I get fed regardless of who I'm playing (probably even Eve if I owned her). Could be I've yet to see a good player play them, but as far as I'm concerned, they're like Tier 6 to me. Too easy to kill and very little damage output unless fed, but then who doesn't?

Twitch is useless. Pubstomp if get lucky. Can't lane, can't jungle, and can't sustain. Completely udder useless.

Lux is too weak, no sustain. Can't handle anything. Even if you land a "skillshot" they can still catch up pretty easily. Very low hp. If ganked lvl 2 that'll be disastrous.

Volibear, jungle, ghost/smite. Can catch up to anything. I don't know what kind of volibear you had on your team o.o Cause he can catch up to "anything" maybe not rammus, but everything else.

Akali burst is still useful. She may have many nerfs, many problems with nerf items, she is still very strong and burst very high. Who plays range AD o.o in 3s? Most of the time its just to practice around. Even if there was a range AD, you can just walk up to them throw your Q and attack them. You make it seem like Akali can't attack them if they are an AD carry o.o

You think an AD shaco lane can beat a GP lane? o.O Shaco can only AP carry for the laughs most of the time, or take his real role as the jungler of their team because Shaco is really weak in lane. Most of the reason why he is such a high tier is because of his lvl 2 gank after a buff on top with boxes. His jungle maybe alittle slower than most, but his lvl 2 gank is devastating. Thats the only reason why Shaco is T2.

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-03-2012

Sona and TF and like Tier 1 picks jsut not carries.

MyrosWolf

01-04-2012

I always use Caitlyn and I think she is also being underrated as a carry. Her traps are good anti-ganks if places properly. especially in the brush where there is expected use of people walking through it. Though yeah Tyr, Ram, and Singed are up there in god tier...

Sam

01-04-2012

Traps probably need like 2 traps to fully stop a gank and she still got to run really slow. And if still slow have to hit E or flash. too much of a hassle.

Dustbin

01-04-2012

If your tier list wasn't so rigid in the roles Blitz deserves to be a lot higher.
I feel LB should be moved up too, her mobility is absolutely amazing on TT, and that mobility can also bait out leaps and flashes with the return. She has good CC for an AP mage and burst that stays scaled for most of a TT game. Not to mention she outright destroys most of the AP carries in the tiers above her like Karma, Kennen, Brand, Karth, Swain and Ahri in lane and in fights before they can use their combos.

Sam

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbin View Post
If your tier list wasn't so rigid in the roles Blitz deserves to be a lot higher.
I feel LB should be moved up too, her mobility is absolutely amazing on TT, and that mobility can also bait out leaps and flashes with the return. She has good CC for an AP mage and burst that stays scaled for most of a TT game. Not to mention she outright destroys most of the AP carries in the tiers above her like Karma, Kennen, Brand, Karth, Swain and Ahri in lane and in fights before they can use their combos.
If she reaches lvl 6 and not get out cs and outlaned o.o

DjTraxx

01-06-2012

Why Riven is so high ?

How do you build her to be that strong and do you go solo top?

thanks

Clitoryx

01-06-2012

Lee sin is not in god tier anymore?... Meh... i think it is not 100% accurate...

ProtoViktor

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
I don't understand. What makes Galio good? o.O Just cause he can take 2v1 bot? o.O Strong MR? What is it? He has no burst dmg, he can sustain, but clearly do nothing except channel his ulti, which can be disabled so easily. Gailo has so many flaws. And if you don't farm, you lose the game like a joke. And level 6 ultis don't win games, because you can disable it easily just like Malz Ulti.
LOL it's impossible not to farm and he has an amazing amount of burst damage, he has 400-500 burst from long range at lvl 4-5, he can be extremely tanky and heal a lot with his shield meaning 1v1 is really hard to lose, if you're a good galio (14-3 atm) you know who disables you and you know when to cast your ulti. and yes lvl 6 wins games, I had a team surrender at 15 as Renekton, Kennen, Garen (3 annoying disablers that should destroy Galio) because everytime I ultied we got an ace and we lost no one.

Although this is old it shows he has amazing scaling if built correctly, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YIsv8ODtHE lol no burst damage