Need help uninstalling League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Militant GDI

12-06-2011

Hi, I decided today to uninstall LoL, not because I don't like the game (it's great) but because it's having a severe negative effect on my grades. I'll probably reinstall it for winter break.

Anyway, I went to control panel-> uninstall a program and League of Legends was not there. There didn't seem to be an option to uninstall anywhere else in the game, either.

Normally I'm not entirely stupid about computers, but this has me totally confused. How do I uninstall it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Turtle Fetish

12-06-2011

I'll go a step further with helping you out:
Get a hammer.

Emperor Azrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

Just go to your C drive and delete all Riot Games related files.

uub3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

did you just copy the file onto your computer from somewhere else? if you did then the game is not installed, but still works because it is a client game. delete the actual LoL folder and you'll be fine (or just move it to a usb so you don't have to update it all over again when you get it back)

Fallen Virtue

12-06-2011

Go to C:\Riot Games

Delete errytang

Militant GDI

12-06-2011

Doesn't deleting everything mess stuff up in the registry? Or no, because it is client based?

And yes haha a hammer would help me more than deleting it, but that would also kill my ability to do useful things like read emails.

EDIT: and I believe I installed it normally through the Riot download/install option

Militant GDI

12-06-2011

bump

Deltch

12-06-2011

Windows 7/Vista: Go to Computer and click "uninstall or change program", find League Of Legends, rightclick>uninstall

Windows XP: Go to My Computer and click "Add or Remove Programs" on the side panel, same thing applys afterwards.

blinded by floss

12-06-2011

you're just gonna end up watching a ****load of streams and spend countless hours on the lol forums.

trust.

(if u're really going through with get sum1 to change ur password cuz u can always reinstall it back again...really fast)

Militant GDI

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage v1rus View Post
Windows 7/Vista: Go to Computer and click "uninstall or change program", find League Of Legends, rightclick>uninstall

Windows XP: Go to My Computer and click "Add or Remove Programs" on the side panel, same thing applys afterwards.
Woah! How did you do that, LoL appeared there! (maybe I'm just dumb)
Well, thanks!

@blinded by floss
Hopefully not being able to play the game (which I intend to follow through on) will cut an important part of the obsession cycle.