how to counter volibear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GotNerd

12-06-2011

Seriously I have not seen this much qq since the MMM for terran threads at blizzard (starcraft2), guess what happened? no nerfs or buffs, people simply learned how to play, it's really a laughable situation because if anything volibear will be buffed and I will simply laugh at all the qq.

His W takes 3 COUNT THEM 3 auto's and then if you really have a volibear carrying a team guess what you can do to shut him down like any other ad carry. now 'bear' with me this is a subpar idea I know, BUT you can buy thornmail, you'll immediately shut down his "op" factor by simply adjusting to in game events and tactics, this game takes skill and thinking to play, and in case you were wondering, thornmail also does damage back to him. OMG NO FREAKING WAY YOU MEAN YOU CAN COUNTER AD BY BUYING ARMOR! WOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT....

Seriously less qq more pew pew, learn, adapt, become a better player, instead of qqing how about thinking of a way to I don't know counter. It's like playing against a team that has a fed akali and the rest of the enemy team has absolutely no kills but that akali is face stomping your whole team, your team wants to surrender and you say uh no, counter it by possibly focusing her or buying items that counter her specific build.

tl;dr learn to play, adapt, and stop being so freaking stupid.

ColoursRock

12-06-2011

For those of you who like things short and to the point, I broke his rant down from this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotNerd View Post
Seriously I have not seen this much qq since the MMM for terran threads at blizzard (starcraft2), guess what happened? no nerfs or buffs, people simply learned how to play, it's really a laughable situation because if anything volibear will be buffed and I will simply laugh at all the qq.

His W takes 3 COUNT THEM 3 auto's and then if you really have a volibear carrying a team guess what you can do to shut him down like any other ad carry. now 'bear' with me this is a subpar idea I know, BUT you can buy thornmail, you'll immediately shut down his "op" factor by simply adjusting to in game events and tactics, this game takes skill and thinking to play, and in case you were wondering, thornmail also does damage back to him. OMG NO FREAKING WAY YOU MEAN YOU CAN COUNTER AD BY BUYING ARMOR! WOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT....

Seriously less qq more pew pew, learn, adapt, become a better player, instead of qqing how about thinking of a way to I don't know counter. It's like playing against a team that has a fed akali and the rest of the enemy team has absolutely no kills but that akali is face stomping your whole team, your team wants to surrender and you say uh no, counter it by possibly focusing her or buying items that counter her specific build.

To this..

Quote:
Seriously if anything volibear will be face stomping your whole team, qq more pew pew and stop being so freaking stupid.

GotNerd

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoursRock View Post
For those of you who like things short and to the point, I broke his rant down from this..

To this..
LOOK A WILD TROLL APPEARED. I expect trolls and unskilled players to downvote the thread, makes me laugh to see how completely truthful my "rant" was.

Sylvinite

12-06-2011

your whole rant leaves out one thing ... how to kill him i just played a match where a trynd that i duo ranked with often and i know he is a good trynd went vs a vol top solo. i was jungle with amumu, this player was able to push fully to the tower and when i ganked with my bandage at level 3 the level 3 trynd and level 3 me (amumu) could not do anything and he just walked off, the point is i wanna know how you consider this not as an issue to the game. i personally dont think that there should be so many QQ threads and OP this OP that but it seams a little broken that with stuns and a dmg hero like trynd that he is untouched and can free farm where ever he wants.

Edit: forgot what about the fact of a passive that is similar to an ult of another hero. i don't know the passive well i just know that it is similar in how it works.

Nea De Penserhir

12-06-2011

If he made it all the way to his tower from being pushed to your friend's tower, odds are it's not the champion that prevented a successful jungle gank.

Dark Slayer487

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

" Hi, I'm a bad player who doesn't know how to counter. Me and my massive amounts of idiots friends QQd about Mordekaiser for months until he was utterly destroyed from nerfs. We don't build anything different ever and just want to stack Inf Edges and Death Caps. Volibear is no different.

We ignore any counter building argument and just scream SO TANKY, NO OFFENSIVE ITEMS, MASSIVE DAMAGE SO OP HE CAN 5V1! NERF NERF NERF NERF "

GotNerd

12-06-2011

you can destroy his passive with ignite, and like penserhir said, if you let him push tower like that in a 1v2 lane, you were not playing correctly, harass him, force him off the creep, people don't understand the concept that if you have a worse creep score you aren't playing correctly, and chances are again that the voli was not good either since he was not last hitting, if you're last hitting creep, the lanes should stay almost equal and should not push to one tower or the other, if they push to your tower you have an advantage to get free creep kills since you also have your tower.

also if you have any cc, or a speed advantage you can kite voli for days, exhaust and ignite alone destroy him, slow him, stun him, even silence him, and voli is shut down

Sylvinite

12-06-2011

so when i question is asked you show how "smart" you are buy just saying everyone is dumb ... makes you a superstar wont it. if you were any part of a "smart" player you would be able to actually defend what you say not just complain about the ppl who QQ. if your read my post im not trying to QQ i just would like some help if your so great because the most QQed hero gets beat.

and with the first gank both heros were in the full time with all skills going the slow from trynd exhaust and my stun. so how can it be any better with that much cc at lvl 3 ? you all seam to be so "smart" so can i get some help

Edit: @ GotNerd it was a 1v1 lane i was gainking from the jungle

Cradum

12-06-2011

The thing is though. . .why would you, nay, why SHOULD you invest so much to counter a TANK?

Of course don't be bad and buy counter items, buy a thornmail for that tryndafail, buy a banshees for that annie / leblanc / insertflavorofthemonthchampion, buy merc treads, buy tenacity, buy wards, buy counters! But why on earth should you invest that much into to countering a "tank"?

granted, if there's a tryndamere on that team a thornmail would hit two birds with one stone (but wait, doesn't trolibear do a lot of magic damage? I legit don't know, but he does do magic damage. . ).

I guess what i'm trying to say is this: Of course buy counters to the carries, that shuts down their contribution to a teamfight. But why on earth should i invest in a counter to an individual such as a tank, who is just supposed to, well, tank, and disrupt and other various things, but one of them should NOT be doing enough damage that can compare very well to a carry.

Oracle Fefe

12-06-2011

Quote:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1567142
^ That pretty much goes against most of the armor argument.

I don't think Volibear is OP..yet, but armor isn't an excuse.