[Guide]Angelstaff Zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie Irwin

03-29-2010

@concrete - ive been considering the move to ghost as well, since flash is nerfed.. it would also save me a pt in util i can move from imp flash to more mana

concretebuddha

03-29-2010

Zilean is not Ryze. You can't blow someone up by facerolling QWER. This build is meant to dominate multiple lanes, sending waves of creeps to their towers. With boots of mob + infinite mana + timewarp you can fly into a group of minions, cast time bomb rewind time bomb then fly away to another lane. You don't have to sit there autoattacking the creeps, waiting for someone to come gank you.

During team fights, you can rez whoever is being ffed, cast two bombs on clumps of enemies, and speed up wounded allies or slow down runners. You are a horrible solo character, but when played right in a team battle, can dominate the game.

Smack N Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

I play Zilean a lot, and although I like Archangle's, I hardly ever get it first. Normally I start with an ability tome and go for mejai's. Then I tend to go for boots, tear, rod of ages and then archangels. The tear provides me with more then enough mana, and I tend to find more health is more important. Assuming you do well early on, the Mejai's will keep the AP up. But then again I start with quite a bit of AP from runes. If I do well enough early game, I can usually just keep rolling. It's hard to fight a Zilean with 1000 damage bombs

DarkCrown

07-20-2010

Heres how I build him:

-Saphyre Christal +2 healt pot
-Tear of the godess
-Boots of speed
-Blasting wand
-Archangel staff or finish boots
-Archangel or boots
-Fiendish codex
-Cage's lucky pick
-Deathfire Grasp

With both Archangel's staff and Deathfire grasp you can use as many spell as you want, never runing out of mana and at a low cooldown. You can fly across the map in no time using time warp and rewind constantly( speeding yourself every 3-2 sec). Also use time bombs as you please, you have a decent amout of AP, the low cooldows to spam it and the mana regen (35mana/5sec) to sustain it.

After that i go for a Zhonia's ring for more AP

Building him like this I play him very agressive AND support. Because i always run across the map to push, i constantly use my Rewind ability to refresh Time warp and run fast. Doing this, my ultimate is up every 20-30 second,refreshing 10 sec CD on each cast of Rewind. So I try to push as fast as possble to keep pressuring but I also want to be there at any team fight. Revive alies, speed up or slow down people and most importantly.. PUT TIME BOMBZ IN THEIR FACE, AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE MANA AND SPEED URSLEF WHEN THEY TRY TO RUN AND BLAST THEM IN THE FACE BOOOOOM DOUBLE TIME BOMBZ ZOMG!!!

Zilean is epic.. TRY THIS BUILD FOR UBER SPEED AND MOAR TIME BOMBZ

AIUnit92

07-21-2010

Personally I don't play Zilean as a support character I pump get good AP and Good mana. Then that combound with slowing enemy/ using rewind speeding your self up and bomb/rewind you will slaughter even the strongest of foes in moments. Then add in the fact of his ult, you can spam rewind as you are moving/fighting, and he is near unkillable. Most games I will end win 20-30 kills 0-2 deaths(only if there is fiddle) and 5-10 assists.

PS: The summoner spell that brings back mana is a must for this style, unless you like to run back to base a lot.

billfred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

yeah one thing people forget to mention if your ult is on cooldown and u are on the move somewhere spam rewind so you ALWAYS have your ult xD

Incendax

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretebuddha View Post
Then instead of going for a Glacial Shroud, I get a Haunting Guise. Not only is it much cheaper than a Glacial Shroud, but it gives +20 magic pen and -10% cds, compared to the 10 AP (from your staff), -20% cds from a glacial shroud. And if you need armor as Zil, you are doing something really wrong.
Wrong. The +20 magic penetration is certainly good, but you are not just losing 10 AP, you're loose 12 AP for every Archangels you own, and surrendering the opportunity to upgrade to Frozen Heart once you've maxed out all your other items. It never hurts to have a little armor on Zilean in the late game.

Zi0nized

08-24-2010

Lol I like that statement :

' If you are getting hit as Zilean , you are doing something wrong '

... Like getting out of your base. =x

Moonmixer

08-24-2010

My build is similar but varies on two main points: order of items/stat priority, and skill leveling priority
First of all, get a chalice. A little magic res + epic mana regen is what you really need early game.
Then you're gonna want boots of mobility.
Then a tear of the goddess. This will get your mana stacking to a start early.
Then a glacial shroud. The cdr is uber useful, the extra mana makes you regen faster (due to chalice's passive), and the armor is an added bonus.
Then get your archangels. This will boost your ap from 0 to approx. 140.

At this point, get whatever fits the enemy team. A few good ideas are:
Banshee's veil, for casters
Upgrade to frozen heart, for physical damage
Zhonya's for epic Time Bomb damage levels (this also makes your ult extremely awesome, as it has terrific ap ratios)
Guardian angel. This way you don't have to worry about wasting your ult on yourself EVER.

Second point: Build order. You are better as support. Your time bomb is a good nuke, but isn't very sustainable damage. However, if you level rewind and time warp more frequently, then Time bomb becomes sustained damage due to the fact that you can continually slow enemies and subsequently continually place time bombs. Especially if anyone on the enemy team has Merc. Treads, you're gonna want to level time warp more. The duration increase is very important.

I generally go something like this:
Q
W
E
Q
W
R
E
W
E
Q
R
and from that point on it doesn't matter. This keeps time bomb relevant and perfect for snagging a runner with <150 health. (or someone who is likely to have that health range soon) More importantly though, this allows you to spam Rewind more (essential to saving your teammates with chronoshift and time warp) and also allows you to get assists and continually place timebombs on an enemy by hitting him with longer slows.

Some of you may have noticed that this puts Q W and E at the same level at level eleven. Some of you may downvote for this reason. That's a mistake. Zilean is an extremely well-rounded support character, providing frequent slows, speeds, nukes, and guardian angels through use of rewind. Denying him of his full capability in any of these areas makes you miss out on a huge part of the character.

At least that's the way I see it.

Oh, and CDR/lvl glyphs are a must.