What exactly is the problem with Purple Team on Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolibird

12-06-2011

I find that playing with a locked cam screws me over big time. Using a blink just teleports my screen, and with my camera moving along with my champion, I find it hard to aim smartcasted abilities

Ragmu

12-07-2011

I personally play with a locked camera and i agree 100% with the OP.

Now, that being said. I know that its a crutch. I know its a major disadvantage that i choose to put myself at. However there are people out there that HAVE to do it. They simply cannot play w/o the camera locked. For those, its a major hindrance that with a simple solution of A) orienting the camera to show a direct downward view of your champion. Or, the much more complex however i feel much better solution B) Redesigning in some way to have both perspectives coming from blue fountain however enemy movements shown to purple team are mirrored to represent the fact they are on the other side.

I have been trying to play more recently with camera unlocked. but i find the only time i am ever moving the camera is when i am running back to a lane or something like that. Otherwise i have the space bar pressed constantly keeping it locked on my champ. When i am fighting with the camera unlocked i often find myself running to places i shouldnt be because the map isnt oriented well with my char being in the center and all movements coming from taht point of origin.

Chogull

12-07-2011

if you are used to playing with the camera locked and cannot get the feel for playing with it unlocked just unlock the camera and whenever you need to just hold down the Space Bar. That will fix/center the camera again. As long as youre holding the space bar it will act as tho the camera is locked. Try it out, Hope this helps.

Farqual

12-07-2011

think camera should just move so it lookes like playing from blue always?

inept

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-07-2011

I play with locked camera and smart-cast... I don't really see any problems, and I always do better bottom lane on purple team, than bot lane blue team.
And avoiding ganks is pretty easy, just get some map awareness

Jits Nerd

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CranberrySauce View Post
i just wanna know how some of you ppl can even play with a locked cam , how to keep your self from getting ganked , im always moveing my cam out a head of my champ to see whats up the lane. im not knocking anyone , play how you want , i just dont see how you guys do it :P
I usually end up locking my camera during hectic fights. I play on a 55" TV which means moving my mouse to the edge of the screen to move becomes troublesome.

NocturnalWolf

12-07-2011

I still don't understand why there isn't an UI option to "flip" the perspective (IE: you are always looking from "behind" your champ). That way if you are Blue it's the same, and if you are Purple its the same.

Noctis XV

12-07-2011

Easy fix, Implement the option to reverse the camera of the map.

1. Toggle angle Blue
2. Toggle angle Purple

basically an on/off switch in which you can flip the camera, that way people playing purple can have that same camera angle advantage that blue has, but in their own lane.

TheOneDragon

12-08-2011

Would be nice if Riot just simply allowed you to rotate the camera to what your used to. The game's engine is designed for it, Riot cannot deny this because they use the same technique in all of those patch videos.

iMeeseeks

12-08-2011

yeah i didnt even know about locked camera until i accidentally hit a key. i gave me like motion sickness, its impossible to play with