What exactly is the problem with Purple Team on Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skardex

12-06-2011

I've read many forums regarding an issue but i just don't understand what the problem is. can someone maybe attach a photo to their reply and explain to me what the issue is with the map? I would appreciate it.

EDIT:
the issue i am talking about is the camera angle of the lanes

Skardex

12-06-2011

bump

Skardex

12-06-2011

bump

Frightfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

the problem is that those of us who prefer to play with a locked camera to have a better area view of our champ get screwed over if we are playing a ranged like cait or olaf being as from that angle we cant fully use our abilities and as such either a-lose kills, or b-get killed without knowing they are there bc they are hidden by the mini map

Chase211

12-06-2011

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aPHVcyY62bE/TI7MUvwX8uI/AAAAAAAAAAk/vpy00Migwmw/s1600/Turm.jpg

Pretend that you are pushing the tower. The camera is tilted towards your enemy, you can see them well beyond the range of your skills.

Now pretend that you are defending the tower, your skills likely go off the screen as the camera is tilted towards you. They can see you before you can see them.

It also doesn't help that your UI blocks the bottom part of your screen when you are on purple. This effects bottom lane more than top or mid due to the way the lanes are angled.

PHamine14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

Don't play with a locked camera, enough said. It's completely inferior, and is frankly, a crutch.

18X Jake

12-06-2011

Its a lot of micromanaging that people don't really want to deal with. It becomes a habit after a while but i guess the "transition" is hard.

Dubledox

12-06-2011

Absolutely no problem unless you're a complete fool who plays with a locked camera.

Lord Sunday IV

12-06-2011

I disagree with the above. I do not play with a locked camera, and I haven't since I just started the game. However, I do believe purple is at a disadvantage. Yes, you can unlock the camera and look at the champions you are planning on aiming at. However, regardless of what you think, it takes more time to move the camera to aim a skillshot than it does to do so with the camera centered on you. At all times, you can see further down the lane towards the purple team than you can towards the blue, regardless of whether or not you are locked on your own champion.

This puts the purple at an early-game disadvantage. It goes away in late game, as the existance of wards and the more team-oriented form of the late game means you usually don't have to worry as much about the down-lane visibilty, slmply because the fights aren't as consistantly Team-Blue-on-one-side-Team-Purple-on-the-other as laning phase. It takes time to move the camera that team blue doesn't have to waste, as they have a greater field of view on the other team.

It is less a problem of the HUD, which goes away with the ability to move the screen, and more a problem with the angle of the camera. Since the camera is tilted slightly and not a perfect top-down structure, the side closer to the camera has a smaller area which you can see, and thus requires more effort to see the same range of area.

CranberrySauce

12-06-2011

i just wanna know how some of you ppl can even play with a locked cam , how to keep your self from getting ganked , im always moveing my cam out a head of my champ to see whats up the lane. im not knocking anyone , play how you want , i just dont see how you guys do it :P