How to counter Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Link Listen

12-05-2011

I'd like to keep this quick and simple. Here are some thoughts about the champion Rammus.
Please give me pointers on how to counter them, if I haven't already listed it.

Powerball - Rammus slowly gains speed... reaching around 800 before finishing... if collided with minions or champions, everyone around are briefly knocked back. Possibly the best move in the game for chasing.

Counter - Step in front of the ball, slow, stun.
Notes - will not work effectively if being chased.

Defensive ball curl - Rammus gains 150 armour AND magic resist. Rammus also deflects 60+10% of armour.
-With 300 armour that is 90 damage returned.

Counter - Bloodrazor(Will not work if you are a squishy DPS... What DPS isn't squishy?)
Notes - Attack nor Magic can really do much to Rammus's regular 85.6(+150) armour and 30(+150) magic resist... keep in mind those numbers are without items.

Taunt - the victims lose 30 armor, while being mostly disabled for 3 seconds.

Counter - Cleanse(210 second cooldown), Quicksilver Sash(Nearly useless other then the active)
Notes - Hit and run definitely will not work. Forces you to nearly kill yourself... comboed with Tremors, deals a good 300+ damage per second. 900 damage alone fighting Rammus.

Tremors - Deals high damage to everything around Rammus.

Counter - Silence, Slow, Stun
Notes - Low cooldown, 8 seconds of damage, can have other abilities comboed.

Let's not forget the Passive.

Spiked Shell(Passive) - 25% of bonus armor is turned into attack damage.

Notes- Rammus obtains 173 damage with defensive ball curl active. NO ITEMS.
Rammus seems to be mixed somewhere between the ultimate chaser, the ultimate Tank, and the ultimate DPS.

Thanks for reading guys. Let me hear your thoughts about it.

Fluffyknowsyou

12-05-2011

Don't 1 vs 1 a rammus with a creep score equal to yours.

Anduraga

12-05-2011

Wait for Rammus' Defensive Ball Curl to go down then focus him down if he's the only threat left. Cleansing his taunt really puts a damper on how effective he is since he relies heavily on some AD champ attacking him. You can get Merc Treads as well to reduce his taunt duration. Banshee's Veil also helps.

brashorc

12-05-2011

Magic resist helps shut him down. Veil is just a good overall item to stop pretty much everyone. His defensive ball curl refects a set amount of damage it is only with thorn mail does that damage get excessive. So, build magic resist.

Aria Sachou

12-05-2011

I counter Rammus by ignoring him.
Even if he taunts me Merc treads helps me out greatly

Ocarino

12-05-2011

i main rammus and i admit he is OP but the only way to counter him is if he lanes bc rammus is THE WORST at laning so early game you can freely feed on him
yes i found a way to make him uncounterable but im not telling because im not stupid
other than early game he is unbeatable with the good build. sorry

Nekokeki

12-05-2011

Does the ward trick still work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRe7Hv0Zi4

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Casters (AD or AP) that can kite him. Attack him when DBC is down. Stay near minions to avoid PB. Prefer ranged for PT, but as melee you either gotta hope he wastes it or just eat it and survive. His ult is pretty straightforward.

As far as melees go Lee Sin sounds like the best choice. Malphite and Warwick may work well too.

Any ranged that can reliably kite him, but still keep him in range if he runs is good.

Ragebeard Manric

12-05-2011

Tenacity hurts champions like Rammus who have long duration single target CC's really badly.

One MR item will typically reduce his damage by a lot because he builds neither AP nor Magic Pen.

In lane use your minions to block his roll, and make sure you ward if he's jungling because Rammus is one of the fastest and strongest gankers in the game and you need to see him coming.

Once his roll is used, Rammus is very easily kited.

Avoid attending to him in team fights when he has DBC up. There really is no way to "counter" this skill so much as you simply just have to ignore him while its active.

Rammus is a mitigation tank. Armor/Magic pen hurt him more than just about anyone else in the game.