MIA call macros

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waughoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

I tried this topic on the general discussion board the other day and of course couldn't get a serious answer.

I'm trying to use my keyboard's macro buttons for MIA calls. The macros I made basically go like "[enter key] [down shift] [m] [i] [a] [ ] [t] [o] [p] [1] [1] [1] [shift up] [enter key]" for "MIA TOP!!!"

The [enter key] should bring up the chat window, then it should type out the message and hit send it. But this doesnt always work right. I can usually use it once or twice a game before it screws up and starts sending half messages or sends it to both teams.

I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard, and it's own macro editing software(which sucks). Anyone else try this or have better luck than me?

Der Cutze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2010

dunno about the MS software, but a simple fix might be leaving out the whole "shift down"/"shift up" thing since it seems to be the reason for posts appearing in /all-chat.

also try to make sure you don't press ANY other buttons while sending the macro.

Waughoo

07-07-2010

That might be part of it. Having shift held is the only way to get the text in caps though :/

I also lowered the number of ms for each button press to something like 2ms (default is 10), so the message types faster and theres less chance of me hitting another button.

Nipple

07-07-2010

AC tool would probably work better.

SerniaFlameheart

07-11-2010

Look up League Tools 2.0b3...not b4 because it has some glitches...but check it out. it has a button for mia for every character.

S T

Recruiter

07-12-2010

I believe there was a suggestion a few months ago and one of the software designers had plans to personally work on it.

Khepros

04-18-2011

Yeah my Alienware TactX keyboard works similarly and I'm having the same issue...

Galfureye

04-20-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=675609

This was my idea, it got much for publicity