@Brackhar + ricklessabandon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danmal

12-07-2011

imo bottom lane is only important because the fights there tend to be small (1v1 or 2v2) unlike top where the fights are usually much larger (4v4 or 3v3). This allows higher skilled players an easier time in taking and controlling a point. Moving focus away from windmill and towards other points would certainly help in this regard.

Lameador

12-07-2011

I think most people don't understand how to play dominion properly and this results in a lot of people giving terrible feedback. I don't know what's the solution to this problem

Speusippus

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Of course post feedback on what you see as issues. Communication with you guys on how to improve the map is an important part of the balance process.

The more that can be done to get those point engaged in the game the better in my view.
Regarding Drill and Refinery--I think the problem people have described could be solved if they were simply scooted closer in towards the center of the circle. Maybe make the points form a triangle like this:

----------W
------R-------D
---Q-------------B

You could still have a circle outlining the map--R and D would just now be a little bit inwards from it, in the jungle, instead of on the circle.

This (putting R and D closer to each other and off the beaten path) could make struggles for them more viable strategically.

Aikimiller

12-07-2011

Regarding Bottom lane

From what I can see, the reason bot lane tends to be a boring lane, where 1v1 push at each other, is because it's so far away from everything else. Bot laner tends to be on his own, and he knows that if he leaves the lane chances are he'll lose the point, so he's stuck there.

So, I'm curious. Back in development, was a different configuration ever considered? Perhaps rather and a pentagon, an X shaped map, with a capture point in the middle? It just seems that a large part of the issue with bot lane is that it is on the opposite side of the map from where most of the action occurs- and thus tends to be ignored in a lot of games.

Randomaster

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I've been pushing the platform team to prioritize some fixes to help prevent afk players from getting into game. They're pretty busy though with ranked teams, spectator, and other platform features, but I'm still arguing we should do this sooner as opposed to later.
May I ask why the team has their hands full with "ranked teams, spectator, and other platform features", when there has always been an AFK/Leaver problem in League of Legends and those things are all new elements?

adhlas

12-12-2011

Just posting here because reds have posted here about changes and such...

Is there any possibility of new objectives? Maybe there could be a channel possibly smack-dab in the middle of the map near the storm buffs? Otherwise, maybe it could be like get x # of people to this location as fast as possible? I know these are dumb ideas for objectives, but I'm pretty sure some exciting new secondary objective rather than trying to capture an enemy point could come out of this...

Helixes

12-18-2011

Slight Necro.

Question: Why does every dominion hate thread get thrown in here instead of the graveyard? Really, it honestly gets me mad every time I see that happen.