@Brackhar + ricklessabandon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-06-2011

Brackhar I think you are definitely on the spot on the pressing matters of Dominion. So It's good to hear. Whats about having the ear on the ground thing? Does it mean you are knowing what your riot team is doing or that you watch the forums?
It's worth to post suggestions and problems in the forums? or you may or may not read it?
Like I have done and could do more post about perceived problems and solutions (to be fair the first 3 points you mention are the most important points in dominion right now) But If it may or may not have any impact, it's relevant to my willingness to spend that time.

Anyway I think the most important thing in Dominion right now is that it doesn't have ranked. But I guess neither you or rickless actually know when or why Dominion doesn't have ranked.

Anyway, The state of Dominion right now is very good. Yes, Bottom is slightly harder to gank than it should, but reall if you see"high elo" games you will notice that the 1bot 4 top that people at low elo think holds true...well it only last for the few minutes of the game, I can send you replays where you will see this.

Yes casters need items BADLY. and finally the current 12 second window timer is nuts and is the worst thing in dominion right now.

But I dont think any of that is that important (being the most important the too high window time), what's most important is WE NEED RANKED. Im sad you people dont even know if it can be next patch or in 12 months.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

Senior Member

12-06-2011

@To both of you...

Do you feel there needs to be changes to get the drill and factory more involved in game play? Perhaps it is the skill level I play, but most people ignore it under normal circumstances. I personally only see Factory and drill get attacked with force if...

A) One team is completely dominating the other
B) Desperate backdoor attempt to break a 4-5 cap

Bot and windmill are in constant flux while the two mid bases feel static. The cap 3 and don't even try to get a fourth seems far to popular, though this I personally believe is due to the low risk of it.

I ask both because I personally suspect there would be a bit of opinions based on point of view.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenanigansOKeef View Post
Wondering if you have any plans to deal with the AFK/Leaver problems in Dominion. [etc.]
Why did this person get downvoted? This issue is probably affecting thousands of players. I ran numbers a few weeks ago and fully half my games had leavers or major AFKs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-06-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
It's worth to post suggestions and problems in the forums? or you may or may not read it?
Of course post feedback on what you see as issues. Communication with you guys on how to improve the map is an important part of the balance process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
@To both of you...

Do you feel there needs to be changes to get the drill and factory more involved in game play? Perhaps it is the skill level I play, but most people ignore it under normal circumstances. I personally only see Factory and drill get attacked with force if...

A) One team is completely dominating the other
B) Desperate backdoor attempt to break a 4-5 cap

Bot and windmill are in constant flux while the two mid bases feel static. The cap 3 and don't even try to get a fourth seems far to popular, though this I personally believe is due to the low risk of it.

I ask both because I personally suspect there would be a bit of opinions based on point of view.
The more that can be done to get those point engaged in the game the better in my view.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Of course post feedback on what you see as issues. Communication with you guys on how to improve the map is an important part of the balance process.



The more that can be done to get those point engaged in the game the better in my view.


Bottom lane currently has too much weight, right now. I'm really interested in the changes you are planning to "spice up" bottom lane, because I have a feeling Riot could be misjudging bottom lane completely.

In high invisible elo, bottom lane has extremely high value. Taking the enemy's bottom tower forces the enemy team to fragment and essentially they lose throughout the entire map because of that fragmentation. The ripple effect from taking the enemy bottom tower is just tremendous. Please keep that in mind while you're experimenting with the changes.

tl;dr Boring does NOT equal unimportant. Right now, bottom lane: boring, but very, very important. I advise you to lessen the importance of bottom tower (by making recapping more easy/accessible. Changes in minion spawn placement can help with this), but don't touch anything else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

Senior Member

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Of course post feedback on what you see as issues. Communication with you guys on how to improve the map is an important part of the balance process.



The more that can be done to get those point engaged in the game the better in my view.


In your playtests, I highly recommend placing Yorick bottom and take the enemy bottom tower, and sit on it. Attempt to recap it. Monitor how this affects the entire match and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Or just watch this video. Notice how taking the enemy bottom tower affects the entire match. This Urgot is humbly staying at bottom lane the whole game, but watch the ripple effect.

High invisible elo. 378 wins, 170 wins above losses.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-ObN147AM


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-07-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
@To both of you...

Do you feel there needs to be changes to get the drill and factory more involved in game play? Perhaps it is the skill level I play, but most people ignore it under normal circumstances.
short answer: i feel like it's an issue worth looking into.

i feel that way not because i think it's necessarily a problem now, but because i think those capture points are the least 'flexible' in terms of how they will be valued and used in future iterations of dominion's meta.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FairladyZ

Senior Member

12-07-2011

@Brackhar

it's nice to see what u're working on, looking forward to changes that can spice things up.
...while we're at that, i've a feeling mid base is kinda stale, and also capturing the relics at mid are pretty safe, and with the capture rate of it, makes it hard to interrupt effectively, and thus that area is largely uncontested too.

I feel that if we move relics to the side opposite of where your base is, move them slightly towards the opposition base, and increase the capture rate ever so slightly, it creates more of a risk-reward feel. This can maybe encourage people to try to interrupt more, or at least maybe make the center section contain more action and contention.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lameador

Senior Member

12-07-2011

I disagree with Necks here. I dont think Bottom is so important, I have played against nekrogen, Mollica and necks and lost bottom all the time, and win the game no problem.

The only problem of bottom is when you have even one teammate obsessed with getting bottom back. That is dangerous, because he can dive suicide in order to protect it . But if you don't have a clueless guy suiciding all day, then losing bottom is as relevant as losing any other point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detrium

Member

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
@To both of you...

Do you feel there needs to be changes to get the drill and factory more involved in game play? Perhaps it is the skill level I play, but most people ignore it under normal circumstances. I personally only see Factory and drill get attacked with force if...

A) One team is completely dominating the other
B) Desperate backdoor attempt to break a 4-5 cap

Bot and windmill are in constant flux while the two mid bases feel static. The cap 3 and don't even try to get a fourth seems far to popular, though this I personally believe is due to the low risk of it.

I ask both because I personally suspect there would be a bit of opinions based on point of view.
I think it would be very healthy for the game if they made drill and factory more important.

The problem with Drill and factory is they are both "on the path to windmill". Because of this their is a constant flow of enemies that run by these points making it very unattractive to capture. Only a well timed backdoor attempt can capture these points, or they are simply used as a distraction to get people to leave windmill.