How to counter AOE team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS192bf43c977e3f2621b4a

07-06-2010

Serisuly whenever i play ageinst a team of 4 AOEs and amumu tank thars no way to counter them when tem fights start.

U get binded by amumau bombarded by gunplank than katarina jums in toigether whit fidle.
And thay dont even ned to go ALL out AP thay can bild semi tank builds so even if thay dont manage to wipe out most of our team its almost impossible to finsh them afterwords.
If u get wards thay just get oracle and destroy the wards banshee can block only one negative spel so if u avoid amumus bind u stil dont avoid the resto of the aoe atacks.
And if u stack magical resistance u than lack killing power to kil the mentioned semy tank bilds.

I believe a remedy 4 this whod be to nerf base damage of aoe atacks but increase thare AP rato forcing AOE champions to sacrifice Survivability 4 kiling power.

I do supose the nev banning draft sistem whod remedy this.

U can ban at least 2 AOE heroes and eacvh tem whod pick 1 or 2 remaning.

I stil don't understand how can some AOE attacks be stronger than single target attacks.

I am sorry about the bad English.

Redenbacher

07-06-2010

Magic resistance. AoE attacks, with the exception of Nunu's, are weaker (per target) than single target nukes. However, all of these attacks are magic damage (with the exception of Pantheon's Heartseeker, and maybe Corki's Gatling Gun?). Grab a Negatron cloak, and build that in to a respectable MR item when you get the chance. Quicksilver Sash, Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, Abyssal Scepter are all great items that will each have a fit for a respectable champion.

If it's a whole team of AoE, everyone on the team should have at least a Negatron cloak at some point, in my opinion. The tank should have Aegis as well.

Terrietia

07-06-2010

How do you counter AoE? Don't bunch up. Don't stand next to each other. Leave some room. Get out of the Area of Effect.

Lord Abbendis

07-06-2010

Boots of Mobility + Force of Nature

peyo

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Abbendis View Post
Boots of Mobility + Force of Nature
you mean Boots of Swiftness... mobility will slow you down as soon as you're hit by any aoe...

SuicidalPankake

07-06-2010

I dont know the name of the item, but I believe theres something you can buy that has a passive spell shield on it that blocks a single spell. If youre up against a straight caster like annie, she wont be able to one-shot combo you if you manage to block her stun. Other than that, MR makes casters cry.

VoiceofTreason

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
I dont know the name of the item, but I believe theres something you can buy that has a passive spell shield on it that blocks a single spell. If youre up against a straight caster like annie, she wont be able to one-shot combo you if you manage to block her stun. Other than that, MR makes casters cry.

People have said Banshees, though you may have noticed or known. Any also banshees is kinda worthless versus aoe teams.

Also, the draft system will be nice because you can go tanky dps and team heal spells or even a soraka (also has a good silence/mr buff) that saves her ulti for a burst of aoe or both. One person as soraka/heal spells is a much better sacrifice than everyone buying enough MR to counter. If you just have to add more hard counters for aoe a gragas/alistar/trist/janna can knock the fk out of a raging aoer (usually some are better than others and can be the focus of knockbacks for ali/trist).

BoQiDaDaoLian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Alister

Shoddy Carpenter

07-06-2010

Once draft comes out just pick Janna. wait untill they unload on you (esp kat or fiddles) and just push them away.

Silence7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

dude ilovecommunism. why would you give them the answer. downvote.