Would you like to see a more selective team composition gametype?

Yes 166 79.05%
No 44 20.95%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Dedicated team comp, new gametype: Poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankattk

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eotw View Post
Do I think it's a mode Riot could have a single programmer add in a day? Yes
Do I think people would play it and prefer it? Yes
Would I ever play such a terrible mode? Probably not more than a few times

The whole point is that you DON'T always need "one of each". On top of the fact that many characters fit multiple roles at the same time, and people in low elo (the ones this is for) don't even realize what they're supposed to do as "support".
Stop bringing up needs and requirements. You're acting like ive suggested we change a champion, or adjust a stat, or something that will change the way YOU play, but I'm not. The only thing I was to encourage is sorting out players that actually want to play on a team where people know what their job is. I'm not here to say this would be a better or worse way of playing , I just think it would be a good idea to give players the option of playing on a team where they know their teammates have given some thought to their role, instead of getting a team where everyone wants to carry. The entire point is IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DONT USE IT, I started this thread because I (and many other summoners) do not want to play with people that disagree with good team composition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSM00THx

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Bump this! It is right on the money, Riot READ this post PLEASE...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankattk

Senior Member

12-08-2011

bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eotw

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankattk View Post
Stop bringing up needs and requirements. You're acting like ive suggested we change a champion, or adjust a stat, or something that will change the way YOU play, but I'm not. The only thing I was to encourage is sorting out players that actually want to play on a team where people know what their job is. I'm not here to say this would be a better or worse way of playing , I just think it would be a good idea to give players the option of playing on a team where they know their teammates have given some thought to their role, instead of getting a team where everyone wants to carry. The entire point is IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DONT USE IT, I started this thread because I (and many other summoners) do not want to play with people that disagree with good team composition.
First off, you're being rather rude to someone who agreed with what you just said.

Second, I'm saying that although it would be nice to have such a mode, it's not very practical and I'd almost never use it. Kind of like Normal Draft, since for whatever reason all the trolls and baddies seem to be there.

Third, if you want Riot to actually do something, you can't just sweep the needs and requirements under the rug. Who do you think has to implement and design around them in the first place?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankattk

Senior Member

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eotw View Post
Would I ever play such a terrible mode? Probably not more than a few times
My bad. I'm defending my idea. The poll doesnt lie either. It isnt so terrible.
If you dont like it then simply select "No" on the poll. I didnt ask for your reasons on why you wouldn't play a mode like this, it is enough that you wouldn't play it at all. The whole idea is to get people who disagree to not use it. I dont care why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fecal Flakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2011

Good idea i like


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zzadist

Member

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eotw View Post
First off, you're being rather rude to someone who agreed with what you just said.

Second, I'm saying that although it would be nice to have such a mode, it's not very practical and I'd almost never use it. Kind of like Normal Draft, since for whatever reason all the trolls and baddies seem to be there.

Third, if you want Riot to actually do something, you can't just sweep the needs and requirements under the rug. Who do you think has to implement and design around them in the first place?
So make a tutorial of this game mode that you must complete to unlock it. shows some videos of supports being support? Tanks tanking? Jungling. Carries. AD/AP carries. Freeze frame breakdown by a Dev. etc. Examples. If you build the support features for it in game. Then they can be lazy and won't have to hunt down a mobafire guide or youtube videos. This way everyone is happy. Lazy ****** bags suddenly get the education on how/what roles are and who fits them. (Riots standards for that character. Not mad scientist guide builder who somehow tanks with janna.) {Or Phreak. who jungles with everyone. } Basic instruction on these roles with visual examples explained play by play by a Dev? Could help fix alot of queue problems outlined here.

/2 cents

I like the idea. It can clean up queues. Remove problems with non communicating teams getting 4 junglers and a support. or 5 melee carries. Etc. and it helps remove the problems of language barriers. Then you know which role Jose or Chun or WigglyBahbah{all of who speak no english} is doing because they've chosen that role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SigmaMG

Junior Member

12-09-2011

Bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Warwick NA

Senior Member

12-09-2011

has my vote, i wanted this a long time ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

Senior Member

12-09-2011

bad idea, very very very bad idea. limits creativity and limits the different ways to play.