Would you like to see a more selective team composition gametype?

Yes 166 79.05%
No 44 20.95%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Dedicated team comp, new gametype: Poll

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iMeeseeks

12-07-2011

this is a terrible idea. the whole reason the game is fun is because of the freedom. you can pick any character and build them any way you want! thats the whole point. i dont think you understand the game

RelishInGlory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

The fact that you ONLY play support and fail at any other role is why you still have a low elo. I'm not saying that my elo is high at all, or that I even play much ranked games, but if you're paired up with another team and the support role is already taken, you should be able to fill the shoes of another role and still do pretty well at it. I used to only play support too. Taric was my favorite because he could support and tank so well. Then I started picking up AP carries. Recently I started junglers. In order to succeed, you should be able to play any role well. I imagine most high elo players can play any role, although I'm sure they do have their preference.

Gankattk

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMaker101 View Post
this is a terrible idea. the whole reason the game is fun is because of the freedom. you can pick any character and build them any way you want! thats the whole point. i dont think you understand the game
You neglected the part where I said this would be an option, not a replacement. Some people like playing knowing they will have a good composition (usually on teams but this isnt always possible). Its not for everyone, and roots out players like you that dont care about team composition anyway.

Gankattk

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelishInGlory View Post
The fact that you ONLY play support and fail at any other role is why you still have a low elo. I'm not saying that my elo is high at all, or that I even play much ranked games, but if you're paired up with another team and the support role is already taken, you should be able to fill the shoes of another role and still do pretty well at it. I used to only play support too. Taric was my favorite because he could support and tank so well. Then I started picking up AP carries. Recently I started junglers. In order to succeed, you should be able to play any role well. I imagine most high elo players can play any role, although I'm sure they do have their preference.
My original idea stands as RANDOMLY sorting players into predesignated roles, so in order to play this way you would have to know all of them. Swapping would be an option but this already exists in ranked anyway.

AzureSnows

12-07-2011

The only problem with this is how do you define what role a champ fits in? Riot's current sorting system makes very little sense for a lot of champs.

iMeeseeks

12-07-2011

this would be perfect.... if we were all communists

Gankattk

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureSnows View Post
The only problem with this is how do you define what role a champ fits in? Riot's current sorting system makes very little sense for a lot of champs.
Trying to categorize via the forums would start a war. If this idea gets off the ground sorting champions would be entirely up to Riot, but I dont believe it would be very complex or difficult. You don't need to play a champion very long to know their strengths and weaknesses. Some champions would also be available across multiple or all roles, based on how they can be played.

No one should think this would be a highly restrictive way of playing, the versatility would all be there, I only aim to root out the summoners who do not care about team building, and assembling the ones that do. You can still put five carries on a team if you want to, but I'd also like to have the option of playing with a team where no one is guessing.

Gankattk

12-07-2011

bump.

Sialb Trebor

12-08-2011

bump

Eotw

12-08-2011

Do I think it's a mode Riot could have a single programmer add in a day? Yes
Do I think people would play it and prefer it? Yes
Would I ever play such a terrible mode? Probably not more than a few times

The whole point is that you DON'T always need "one of each". On top of the fact that many characters fit multiple roles at the same time, and people in low elo (the ones this is for) don't even realize what they're supposed to do as "support".

123456 ... 7