Would you like to see a more selective team composition gametype?

Yes 166 79.05%
No 44 20.95%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Dedicated team comp, new gametype: Poll

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankattk

12-05-2011

A new game mode to play on summoners rift (as an alternate not a replacement) that would randomly sort summoners into the basic roles that are becoming common in competitive play.

At random each of the 5 summoners would be put into roles: a jungler, a capable solo top, a support, and the last two roles to be left more open for what the team still needs, such as carries (ranged or melee), tanks, etc, or to balance out magic and attack damage. A tank role was also a thought but is usually unrequired because the other 3 rolls can often be met by a tank. Before the game starts these rolls could be swapped out between team members who think they could do it better or own a better champion for it. Furthermore each role would only allow the selection of the kind of champion who could (on any level) play it out. The restriction on champion selection would keep the composition consistent in every game and prevent teams made entirely of initiators.

A gametype like this would not be for everyone, and more specifically would filter out the summoners who wouldnt care for it anyway. Many bad games (even in ranked) are blamed on bad team composition, and no one is particularly to blame because pregame lobbys are often silent anyway. Creating an additional gametype that allows for better team building would please summoners that already try to pull together decent public games but are often met with auto-lockers.

Use the poll if you would like to see a gametype like this

Keep in mind this idea is for an additional gametype, not something to replace the ones we already have.

MonkeOfBeckenham

12-05-2011

I almost agree completly.. I think the solo/duo Q needs to have a list that you CHOOSE the position that you play in your team and it then matches you up with people who have selected the other roles.

I play support almost every game, so a common problem for me is joining a solo Q and having another person on the team who only plays support. I am then forced to play another role and generally fail...

Makes it hard to get out of the lower ELO when you are forced to play roles that you are not comfortable playing...
(im glad this pole is up, i was just about to make a thread very similar)

drakkar77

12-05-2011

This can help the "ranking system" for low elo players that cant get out from outlocks, trolling and other issues that happend from 1600 to 800 pls help to improve the solo/duo its becoming hellish almost every single game.And the problem is not to play with "good players" the problem is to handle the ATTITUDE of other players, in simple words you must play the champion and THE PLAYERS to achive something, even a good game if you lose.

Plus getting lvl 30 and start ranking is a great problem, shud not be aproved so lightly, must of the recent 30*s dont have a strong idea of how to play or even have a finished rune page, my suggestion here is to set a new amount of normal "summoner rift" not dominion victories to try to start Ranking, my first suggestion is that players must have at least 400 normal vicotries in summoner rift.

FFxRyze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

I would love a system simailar to WoW's instances where you Q as a specific role and are matched with people of the other roles.

I think this would work extremely well but should be an alternative Q due to the long Q times it could cause.

Annoyinger

12-05-2011

I like the idea, it needs a bump so people can see it and vote!

Gankattk

12-05-2011

bump.

NyaaStalker

12-05-2011

Bump

Gankattk

12-06-2011

bump.

Holyjp

12-06-2011

Free bump. I would like it very much.

Gankattk

12-07-2011

bump.

12345 ... 7