Nasus - useless or insane snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanilla Trubbs

Recruiter

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
1. It isn't technically the same thing, but it is effectively the same thing, in large part due to (normally) lower base numbers on such skills in comparison to others (and/or lack of utility).
2. Given how much people QQ about Trynd and others I don't think Nasus really does it better than the other examples given of carries that often snowball if allowed to farm. It is a similar thing with Assassins as well. They tend to only be good late games if they managed to farm enough kills, usually because their minion farming is sub-par.
3. Nasus, Veigar, and Sion don't have a technical cap, but they do have other limiting factors. Opportunity being the main one. After a certain point, you become a liability to your team if your farming a skill, rather than working with your team to secure objectives. Teleport can help with this, but it is only available so often. Generally, this point occurs much sooner than anyone will actually complete a full build. Going "beyond" a full build with those three champions usually involves being in a point of the game where one lost team fight means the end of the game.
What I read was: DERP DERP DERP

Eaglesfan427

08-17-2012

Why do people randomly resurrect these old threads for no reason?

Bullettime7

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan427 View Post
Why do people randomly resurrect these old threads for no reason?
Because it still holds merit after all these months.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Nasus should get what Veigar has, on champ kills he should get extra damage on his Q, so he can either farm or get kills. This would also make his jungle a lot stronger.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngumbe View Post
What I read was: DERP DERP DERP
Then you need to learn how to read?

Sogreth

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashrack View Post
Veigar has the same problem. If he can farm, no one can stop him late game and his ult alone kills any other mage.
While this is true, veigar can also farm his Q from getting kills, he can potentially get +5 ap from each champ kill, and added with his regular Q farm, it can add up

Sogreth

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthmontane View Post
I've always sort of felt like Nasty's E doesn't really fit with him for some reason. I cant think of something better, or why it doesn't work with him. It just plain old fashion feels wrong. basically, you charge at someone and slow them, then start wailing on them with your q and prolly ult for more damage/survivability. Then you eventually just throw down spirit fire cuz everything else is on cd. It really only seems to help for lane control early game, which burns your mana. It's the only thing that he has that really builds with ap, which is dumb to build on nasus, he needs something that builds ad.
Um....Spirit Fire first? I guess you don't read tooltips, it reduces armor if you didn't know

Justin Nguyen

08-17-2012

People are really dumb. That's the thing about him. You have to cut off his farm. If he gets 80CS not saying all of it is Q, but if he's good 2/3s. So 55-60ish then that's like 180+ damage? I mean he's going to be very scary. You can't focus him, because he's tanky, but if you do focus him then you'll get killed by his teammates. Plus he takes really long to die. Not only that he has a lot of lifesteal. I played a pretty legendary nasus back when I was lower levels. Cause I knew people were really stupid, and didn't know. Put it at 1300ELO+ or even at level 30 games. If they pick a strong top. You're basically not going to get farmed if they know how to zone you out.

Xela Syab

08-17-2012

They could give him the reverse Xin Zhao treatment and switch his Q stack as a passive for minion kills, and just make his Q deal the bonus damage and have passive lifesteal. That way he can stack Wriggles and Tiamat for farm and just deal damage with his Q and have a higher CDR or not apply the damage to turrets to balance him out.

Armageddal

08-18-2012

Try building him as an AP DPS Tank rather than an AD DPS Tank. I don't get why people build him as an AD... it just makes his Q do slightly more damage (most of the damage comes from the farming anyways) and makes his E and R mostly useless. Get some AP on him and his E can actually deal good AoE damage, and the %maxhealth damage on his ultimate gets really scary.