Nasus - useless or insane snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenTianWen View Post
That's actually quite different. Carries are dependent on farming gold, whereas Nasus is dependent on farming one particular ability. Sion is the only other champion I can think of that has something similar to this, but the bonus health he gains from his E has a much smaller impact on the game than how well Nasus farms his Q.
Xin isnt a carry, he is Fighter/Assassin just sayin'

But I guess while we are capping Nasus' Q, we might as well cap Veigar's AP

HeroXsouL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2011

Are u ****ing idiot? NASUS GOTTA BE NASUS !

hamai

12-06-2011

Nasus is perfect. Don't touch it.

@Filthmontane: his E is nice for eliminating waves, but really great for increasing your chances of last hitting monsters and fleeing low hp enemies. Recently his E helped me a lot, getting kills and stealing baron too. Just save it for those special occasions, anything else is wasting your precious mana, and you don't wanna be a manaless Nasus.

HeroXsouL

Recruiter

12-06-2011

i actually very love nasus .. plz riot dont touch him

deteego

12-06-2011

The thing with Nasus is he can just dedicate all of his gold (and I mean ALL of his gold) to defensive items + trinity force, and still do ridiculous damage in team battles with his ultimate and Q. His Q scales completely independently from items, and his ultimate gives him damage by draining it from everyone around him (again independant of his items), and he also has a passive lifesteal. He is one of the few carries that can do this

This is why Nasus becomes ridiculous late game, and against certain matchups probably unbeatable. He can tank entire team with his ultimate, and he still does ridiculous damage with his Q, and he has one of the strongest snares in the game to catch up

Of course, this comes at a serious price. He has no gap closers, which leaves him incredibly weak to certain heroes early game, especially in lane (teemo, vayne are obvious counters). It also leaves him very vulnerable to ganks that are heavy in CC/Damage. Even late game he may find issues dealing with a team that has a lot of ranged carries + last whisper, as he will have trouble reaching them and not losing something like half his health

I just got out of a game with AD Sion that described this, Nasus still has a +1 on Sion in the fact that he can dedicate all of his gold to defensive items, and that he steals life without having to hit targets (AD sion actually needs to hit his targets to get health, Nasus gets it passively from his ultimate), making him weaker against kiting. Nasus snare is also a lot stronger in chasing, also not as good as Sion's in shutting down the enemy carry from dealing damage

That Other Guy

12-06-2011

I find it rather amusing that a number of people in this thread seem to have convinced themselves that either it's an OP or an UP thread and argue the opposite thereby proving my point. The reality is it's both; the problem with Nasus is that his performance is wildly inconsistent and he's always either ludicrously powerful or almost worthless.

Boarding200

12-06-2011

Hush your mouth about my nasus befor you children get another hero yet another undeserved nerf

GlyphTsen

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deteego View Post
The thing with Nasus is he can just dedicate all of his gold (and I mean ALL of his gold) to defensive items + trinity force, and still do ridiculous damage in team battles with his ultimate and Q. His Q scales completely independently from items, and his ultimate gives him damage by draining it from everyone around him (again independant of his items), and he also has a passive lifesteal.
Nasus, Olaf, Garen, and Mundo are all similar, with high base damage abilities and the ability to build tanky and still have solid damage. The main difference is that Nasus can continue to improve, but the other three have better offensive item scaling if they choose to go that route.

This is the "old school" way of looking at "tanky DPS" and contrasts with the "new way" that Renekton and Jarmander represent. Volibear is also in many ways a return to the "old school" method of designing tanky DPS based on mechanics and scaling and I think that is part of why people were surprised by him (whether that was done well or not is another discussion going on in plenty of other threads).

bardwooder

12-06-2011

The problem is not with his Q but with his Spirit Fire which doesn't fit to hos whole kit

RIP PHREAK

08-17-2012

Bump