Nasus - useless or insane snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Nasus is the reason you never ban Singed in ranked. If the enemy is dumb enough to believe Singed is an OP solotop, you counterpick him with Nasus.

Works similarly for counterpicking Tryn actually.

KoKoJie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

They told me I could be anything, so I became a God - Nasus

Taxian

12-05-2011

Nassus is fine as is. There are even a handful of tanky solo tops who can out sustain/dps him, if played right. Nunu works (although no one plays him anymore), Cho'Gath can own him if played right, and Rumble can make it difficult for Nassus to Q farm without getting hit by ranged harass.

as Desolator

12-05-2011

i think he need a buff or something im a pro nasus and i end up 5 2 15 each game he dont do dmg

Dalj Thorn

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold163 View Post
I don't know if this is really comparable but Veigar has a similar problem. Without a farmed Q he's subpar compared to other AP champs, and only seems viable if chosen as a counter-pick. And even then, there are better champs to play.

I feel like a large part of it has to do with the champs being outdated and Riot not looking at them. Although if they did, expect a lot of QQ if there was a remake.
I agree with this, A lot of champs still have all there orginal abilites and mechanics and they simply don't keep up with all the new stuff in the game.

aspirechris

12-05-2011

He's known as a hyper carry for a reason. All you have to do is beat him early/mid game. Put someone like caitlyn against him top and everytime he goes for cs you wear him down to the point where its hard for him to farm his q. But you also have to take into account lane pushing because you don't want to destroy his tower and let all your minions go to his side of the map so he can free farm. Just pick early game champions against him such as caitlyn, urgot, udyr or even cassiopeia.

Crazyflames

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold163 View Post
I don't know if this is really comparable but Veigar has a similar problem. Without a farmed Q he's subpar compared to other AP champs, and only seems viable if chosen as a counter-pick. And even then, there are better champs to play.

I feel like a large part of it has to do with the champs being outdated and Riot not looking at them. Although if they did, expect a lot of QQ if there was a remake.
Lategame Veigar has nice ratios (and the oponents ratios ) and a massive stun, Nasus has well, Wither and triforce. Getting farmed on Veigar's Q does help but he's not extremely horible or OMG OP based on it.

Edit: Veigar does have a not so great early game though unless you level, and they stand under Dark Mater.

Edgeworth

12-05-2011

relies heavily on his Q? what the hell are you talking about? that is his main damage spell, yes but imo his W is the spell that he cant go without, also E is a pretty good debuff

DSkittlez

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rch4ng3l View Post
that is why counterpicks exist. 2 matches in a row, they put standard solo tops vs my nasus, who could only farm themselves but couldnt stop me from farming (this was draft pick ranked, they KNEW there was gonna be a nasus top). we farmed equally well but i, being nasus, became a god lategame while they were limited by item slots. and they got raped.

why? because it is standard to put a tanky dps solo top/mage mid/support carry bot. NOTHING else can work. because it is what everybody does, everyone follows it blindly.

3rd game, they had a renekton, which i was expecting to meet at top. strangely, it was vayne top. and renek went bot with the support. my lane phase was fked, classic case of counterpick, that does not follow the standard lane setup.
this is Exactly y pl have to learnthat when pick a lane DO NOT have to Stick to that lane but have the option to change lanes to better counter the enemy n suit each player/champ

we all know how easily countered nasus is by range so he should always look to trade with an ally when solo vs range but u can also stay in lane n try to keep it pushed enough for u to jungle farm ur Q or just farm under ur tower if switching isnt an option

Invictrix

12-05-2011

Sion is kind of the same way.