Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus - useless or insane snowball

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

12-05-2011

As it stands currently one of 2 things will happen when playing Nasus:

1. He doesn't get to farm his Q properly, whether due to a poor player or good ranged harassment, and ends up being of little use.

2. He farms his Q well during the laning phase and quickly gets to the point where you can't even stop him from farming and just snowballs really, really hard.

I really think the damage of his Q needs to be made more consistent (such as increasing the base damage and lowering the damage per stack) and there should be a cap on the damage to limit the amount he can snowball.
Also NO champion should be so heavily dependent on a single spell.

kavinh the third

12-05-2011

um actually it's like that for a bunch of champions xin zhao and tynrdamere for example are heavily reliant on farming and are useless without it. but snowball like crazy if they do

ShenTianWen

12-05-2011

Quote:
kavinh the third:
um actually it's like that for a bunch of champions xin zhao and tynrdamere for example are heavily reliant on farming and are useless without it. but snowball like crazy if they do

That's actually quite different. Carries are dependent on farming gold, whereas Nasus is dependent on farming one particular ability. Sion is the only other champion I can think of that has something similar to this, but the bonus health he gains from his E has a much smaller impact on the game than how well Nasus farms his Q.

NoX Zenilant

12-05-2011

I don't know if this is really comparable but Veigar has a similar problem. Without a farmed Q he's subpar compared to other AP champs, and only seems viable if chosen as a counter-pick. And even then, there are better champs to play.

I feel like a large part of it has to do with the champs being outdated and Riot not looking at them. Although if they did, expect a lot of QQ if there was a remake.

Dmillz89

12-05-2011

Quote:
ShenTianWen:
That's actually quite different. Carries are dependent on farming gold, whereas Nasus is dependent on farming one particular ability. Sion is the only other champion I can think of that has something similar to this, but the bonus health he gains from his E has a much smaller impact on the game than how well Nasus farms his Q.

Which is still quite similar, because if you are getting gold as Nasus you are getting Q. Either way it's still last hits.

That Other Guy

12-05-2011

Quote:
kavinh the third:

1. Farming gold is not the same thing as farming a spell.
2. You can catch up to them easily enough if people start playing better whereas once Nasus gets going he's unstoppable and just snowballs worse and worse.
3. Carries reach a cap and sooner or later you'll have all or almost all of your gear too whereas Nasus has no cap and will just keep getting stronger.

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

12-05-2011

Veigar has the same problem. If he can farm, no one can stop him late game and his ult alone kills any other mage.

GlyphTsen

12-05-2011

Quote:
00011011S:
1. Farming gold is not the same thing as farming a spell.
2. You can catch up to them easily enough if people start playing better whereas once Nasus gets going he's unstoppable and just snowballs worse and worse.
3. Carries reach a cap and sooner or later you'll have all or almost all of your gear too whereas Nasus has no cap and will just keep getting stronger.

1. It isn't technically the same thing, but it is effectively the same thing, in large part due to (normally) lower base numbers on such skills in comparison to others (and/or lack of utility).
2. Given how much people QQ about Trynd and others I don't think Nasus really does it better than the other examples given of carries that often snowball if allowed to farm. It is a similar thing with Assassins as well. They tend to only be good late games if they managed to farm enough kills, usually because their minion farming is sub-par.
3. Nasus, Veigar, and Sion don't have a technical cap, but they do have other limiting factors. Opportunity being the main one. After a certain point, you become a liability to your team if your farming a skill, rather than working with your team to secure objectives. Teleport can help with this, but it is only available so often. Generally, this point occurs much sooner than anyone will actually complete a full build. Going "beyond" a full build with those three champions usually involves being in a point of the game where one lost team fight means the end of the game.

iP1ayJarvan

12-05-2011

that is why counterpicks exist. 2 matches in a row, they put standard solo tops vs my nasus, who could only farm themselves but couldnt stop me from farming (this was draft pick ranked, they KNEW there was gonna be a nasus top). we farmed equally well but i, being nasus, became a god lategame while they were limited by item slots. and they got raped.

why? because it is standard to put a tanky dps solo top/mage mid/support carry bot. NOTHING else can work. because it is what everybody does, everyone follows it blindly.

3rd game, they had a renekton, which i was expecting to meet at top. strangely, it was vayne top. and renek went bot with the support. my lane phase was fked, classic case of counterpick, that does not follow the standard lane setup.

Filthmontane

12-05-2011

I've always sort of felt like Nasty's E doesn't really fit with him for some reason. I cant think of something better, or why it doesn't work with him. It just plain old fashion feels wrong. basically, you charge at someone and slow them, then start wailing on them with your q and prolly ult for more damage/survivability. Then you eventually just throw down spirit fire cuz everything else is on cd. It really only seems to help for lane control early game, which burns your mana. It's the only thing that he has that really builds with ap, which is dumb to build on nasus, he needs something that builds ad.