Most fun tank to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

african american

07-05-2010

Hey guys, up until now I've played mostly carry/support, don't have any tanks aside from amumu who is kinda fun to play.

Have a ton of IP saved up, so I'm just looking for some opinions as to which tanks you guys enjoy the most and have the fun most playing and why, not necessarily which tank is the most viable.

The Librarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

I do find Shen a lot of fun to play, but he is also one of the better tanks out there...

So it makes it seem like I only like him for that... but I like him cause I want to see him as Dr. McNinja.

Xixy

07-05-2010

Rammus can be pretty fun.

Alpengeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2010

Singed.

/singed

Mr Collie Man

07-06-2010

I love playing tanks. I've tried Singed, Shen, Taric (although I don't like building him as a tank so I dunno if he counts) and Nasus, and of them all, I prefer Shen. He's very frustrating to play against if in the right hands, as he can escape almost any bad situation by Shadow Dashing over a wall or ulting to another part of the map. His Shadow Dash can force the entire team to attack you if you position it correctly, which lets your carries "blow their load" and net a kill or two. He's tough as hell, and can even do decent damage early on with his passive + Q. His harassment/last hitting skills with Q are awesome.

His ult can turn the tide of a fight if you throw it on your teammate that is being focused. I've thrown it on people just as they're about to die and seen people switch targets because they just assumed the player would be dead and didn't notice the flashy purple shield around them. Plus he looks really cool.

He's just an all around badass. But I am biased.

Duck King

07-06-2010

Singed and F-

* Dons his flame suit. *

Fiddlesticks.

Axoren

07-06-2010

Evelyn tanks well if you stack Sunfires and camp their fountain.

EgoProxy

07-06-2010

Annie

ArgentFire

07-06-2010

So far, the two tanks that I've fallen in love with are Singed and Gragas.

Singed is amazingly fun. Turn on poison, farm entire creep waves in seconds, then grab an enemy and toss him into the waiting hands of your squishies to be eaten. Really, the best part about him for me is the chasing aspect; running down the enemy champ with your AoE slow and ulti is super exhilarating. Plus, Riot Squad Singed is on the way. What more can you ask for?

Then there's Gragas. His versatility is amazing, as he can be built AP and wreck kids with his barrels, or straight tank, my preferred method, and spend all day bodyslamming your blubber into anything that moves and has a red outline. His Drunken Rage ability makes it so that you almost never have to worry about mana, and you're nigh invincible with the damage reduction and damage increase that you receive from ONE spell. Bodyslamming is as amazing as it sounds, slowing down those hit by it and dealing a good chunk of damage, as well as being a great positioning tool/escape mechanism. Then there's his ulti, which separates the good Gragas players from the bad ones, and is extremely satisfying to land when the enemy thinks they've gotten away, only to be tossed right back into your waiting belly.

If you want my opinion, grab Gragas for his versatility and overall badassness, but if you have the IP, grab Singed as well. Or try out some other tanks and find one that works. As stated earlier, Shen is a pretty good tank, and survivablity Garen is pretty good as an off-tank if you have a team that already has a tank.

Kyle700

07-06-2010

Singed is the most fun you will ever have playing a tank. Don't waste your money on Shen, he's boring as ****.
As Singed, basically, you can push very fast as well as semi carry the early mid game while then tanking late game. You can put a lot of damage out fast, and really, he's fun.