Hitting Like a Scion: AP Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elfbarf

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Death's Caress has just been hotfixed to have a 1:1 AP ratio and a 4 second delay for activation.
Did they nerf the double Lichbane procs?

Shibas

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfbarf View Post
Did they nerf the double Lichbane procs?
it procs on shield cast and release you could never get more advantage from this than other champs because of the 3sec internal delay of lichbane so the burstdmg was nerfed with the 4 sec delay of the shield

Btw i testet it and it also procs on Twisted fates pick a card too 2 times so i think this is not a bug and it is not that sion is a hero that has a real advantage from this every casterhero can get 4 lb procs in a row they all need to wait 3 secs between their skills

Nullname

10-06-2009

What quintessence do you recommend for this build?

Rudeboymike

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullname View Post
What quintessence do you recommend for this build?
Move Speed.

Also, with the shield nerf... what do you think about Spell Pen runes in blues? just a thought, tho i still think mana regen is very important

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

I approve of this guide.

*******http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/Crazy_Demon/FirstgamewithAPsion.jpg********

First game, followed guide to letter, only difference is I stacked lvl18 Force runes for +76 AP.

Nullname

10-06-2009

How necessary/key are the Magic Resist/18 seals anyways? It seems a bit situational to me, whereas a set of Vitality/Regeneration seals seem much more all-purpose. Just seeking some enlightenment =)

Quinnister

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullname View Post
How necessary/key are the Magic Resist/18 seals anyways? It seems a bit situational to me, whereas a set of Vitality/Regeneration seals seem much more all-purpose. Just seeking some enlightenment =)
Vitality gives 19.44 HP/18 per rune.
Magic Resist gives 2.88 MR/18 per rune.

Given how my build really doesn't give any MR until late game, this changes our MR from 30 to 55 vs. having 175 HP more.

Damage is calculated through Damage * (100/100+MR).

If I was hit by a 300 damage spell and had 130 MR, I would take ~231 damage. If I had 155 MR, I would take ~194 damage, roughly a 40 damage difference. If I can expect to take roughly 1600 spell damage taken for the MR to be more efficient.

Really, depending who you're4 going up against, it can go either way.

Nullname

10-06-2009

Alright, I'll stick with the Magic Resist then. One Ryze ultimate already makes up that difference. Thanks! By the way, you might want to include a Quintessence recommendation in the Runes section. Thanks for the guide! I'm really loving AP Sion!

Rudeboymike

10-07-2009

So with the hotfix nerf to AP Sion.. is AP Sion still more viable than tank/dps sion?

Nullname

10-07-2009

I played as him yesterday for the first time and still did relatively well.......it's not that bad of a nerf.