Hitting Like a Scion: AP Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumm

10-05-2009

I dont know, why so many people begin to QQ, then the only thing they changed is that you can activate the shield. The damage isnt changed. I played AP Sion, before you could activate the shield, and he was still pretty good.

SmecssRaege

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumm View Post
I dont know, why so many people begin to QQ, then the only thing they changed is that you can activate the shield. The damage isnt changed. I played AP Sion, before you could activate the shield, and he was still pretty good.
yeah but nowhere near as good as he is now.

pre patch: people could focus off your shield, and poof...thats a large portion of your DPS they just negated.

post patch: now you can leave your shield on for a comfortable amount, absorbing damage and then just blowing it up after having absorbed damage and still dealing damage.

basically: before, it was negatable now...its unstoppable

Merovinge

10-05-2009

Except by focus fire on a hero that will be getting no hp items, is melee, and has low range on all of his skills, in addition to not even having an ult if you build him for AP. I stomp all over bad players with AP scion, so maybe it needs to be nerfed for the sake of average gamers, but he is definitely not overpowered in high ELL games.

Pewz

10-05-2009

Been playin ap style last few games never had played sion before and its so sick

requiescat

10-05-2009

i think they need to tone down the scaling on his shield, right now its a bit too effective. AP not only adds to the damage of the shield but also the absorbtion, so in a way its actually got 1:2.4 effective ap ratio instead of 1:1.2. The shield toggle is a great change i think, it gives more effective ways to play sion, but right now AP version is just TOO effective and will just pigeon hole sion into AP builds only. Hope the devs can tweak the scaling on the shield.

Quinnister

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiescat View Post
i think they need to tone down the scaling on his shield, right now its a bit too effective. AP not only adds to the damage of the shield but also the absorbtion, so in a way its actually got 1:2.4 effective ap ratio instead of 1:1.2. The shield toggle is a great change i think, it gives more effective ways to play sion, but right now AP version is just TOO effective and will just pigeon hole sion into AP builds only. Hope the devs can tweak the scaling on the shield.
The shield has always scaled this well. Sion was not unbalanced before. I hope they do not nerf the shield's AP ratio but instead find a way to nerf making the pre-mature explosion. For example, removing the double proc would be great.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-05-2009

Death's Caress has just been hotfixed to have a 1:1 AP ratio and a 4 second delay for activation.

Quinnister

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Death's Caress has just been hotfixed to have a 1:1 AP ratio and a 4 second delay for activation.
Guide slightly updated to show this. Overall strategy doesn't change.

Katalystik

10-05-2009

Damn, with the increase, you get like 1-2 of them off in a team fight before it all over. But, I think the adjustments have helped because its nearly impossible to pop off 2 of them in 1v1 unless the guy just stands there or you can keep up for a second stun.

Slayerik

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Shocker there!