Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draft mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteHellScream

12-04-2011

Hello everyone, how are y'all doing? (:

I recently started to playing lots of dominion matches, blind pick mode. Won some, lost some, but the bad teams (now, don't get me wrong. I ain't blaming my teams for my losses. It's just that I feel dominion revolves much more around your team than SR, and if your team isn't very good as a single player there's not much that you can do) started to piss me off a little, so I decided to try draft mode.

My queue is currently 8 minutes long, no matches found.

I wanted to know two things:
1: Is draft mode better than blind pick?
2: Is it normal to wait for 10 minutes to find a match? (or is it just because of the time?)

Kajiuran

12-04-2011

The queue times are pretty long @4am PST.

I have only played draft pick exclusively, there's a swathe of champions considered overpowered and the bans help mitigate unfairness. I haven't touched blind pick so can't say how much of a difference there is.

FDru

12-04-2011

Let's just say I queue for blind pick occasionally for a shorter queue, and every single time I regret it. It's like the meta hasn't evolved at all in blind, everyone is so clueless and it's just altogether a mess. Going between draft and blind is like playing 2 different games, and draft is definitely worth the queue times.

Phourc

12-04-2011

Blind pick really isn't *that* bad, the few I play I don't see too many of the champions that I'd be first picking/banning otherwise...

However, draft mode is where most of those wanting to practice for ranked are, I tend to find better players there.