Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How the hell am I supposed to play karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

01-04-2012

R

winner37

01-04-2012

play in mid, keep looking at bot and top, u need to have map awarness, playing with karthus is the best thing to teach u that, get magic pen runes (10magec pen. is good), masteris ( use 21-0-9) or something like that.
Rule of thump: die in the middle of fight with your e activated , use some q, then ult----triple kill!!!
Tip depending on my exp: get exhaust and flash, exhaust saves u from ad fighters, and flash saves u from dieng OR use it to DIE in mid fight.
hope that help u.

Aaluvian

01-04-2012

Play a champ that isnt a ***
:P

demonicmonkeys

01-04-2012

Don't use his ultimate earlygame especially unless you see an enemy retreating that's not easily caught by your team that has like 200 health or lower. This doesn't happen that often, but save your ultimate until you're almost sure you will get the kill.

kojeek

01-04-2012

i just played and owned the game with him. i start with meki pendant and health pots. last hit with your Q. it has crazy range. get your Q leveled as quick as possible. get a wall 2nd but max it last, to help escape ganks. make about 1050g, and recall. i use revive and teleport.

If the enemy mid gets too close, drop a wall behind them and place Q's in their path, most people dont realize that the wall drops their magic resist by a ton, and when Q only hits one target the damage is doubled. so it hits hard..

i usually have my E at level 2 by Level 7 and you can drop whole creep waves with that and one Q blast. so money is never a problem.

Start getting all the Blue's post the 12 min mark, drop a wall between you and the golem, Q him, then turn E on and mash Q

once i get a Tear and my magic boots its time to rush zonyas. I like to bind it to my 2nd slot becuase i have the muscle memory to hit it. once a team fight occurs, drop your wall in the middle, try to split the other team in 2. have your E on and start spamming Q and jump in, if you get focused let them get a hit or 2 then pop your hourglass, your E spell still damages, your team should be able to clean up the person attacking you with help from your E spell. if you do die. spam your Q. throw a wall out. revive and drop an ult possibly.

Ask your teammates to give you a sign when ult needs to be dropped during lane battles. dont rage ult becuase you got ganked, its on a long cooldown.

once you start getting cash, deathcap, finish the archangels and then abyssal spectre. for the MR. plus you have armor in the zonyas, to help you stay alive. better than void.

void or the spell book with spell vamp depending on how you want to roll for a last item, though the game should be over.

Dawson65

01-05-2012

Like other people said, spam your Q all of the place. Make them ****ing dance to dodge it. If they run up and try to kill you, don't retreat if you know you can take them out. Put a Wall behind them to block their exit path and toggle your E and get up close while still spamming your Q. Good luck <3

xyxstradus

01-05-2012

Karthus ks ftw