How the hell am I supposed to play karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charlie Buckett

12-05-2011

Honestly you want to be a reason for your team to initiate team fights. So if you see your allies going head to head: Use your ult and give them a reason to continue fighting! When you end up getting 2-5 assists from it you can push out your creep wave then b to buy!
(All biased opinion ^)

CrivshotGG

12-05-2011

End game you can basically tank every fight. Make sure you're in the middle with your e on, wall a good few of them, q who you can and zhonyas if needed. When you die your passive allows your e to deal massive damage and you can ulti to clean them up.

Noctis XV

12-08-2011

I play premade with my friends, one of them plays mid karthus everytime and does not want to try new champions. We always win, and what he does is buy 2 Archangels, a hat, then finish rest with archangels.

the 3% AP bonus from mana stacks, but the mana itself does not stack. Eventually your Ulti will deal TONS of damage, we've even gotten games in which he's killed somebody everytime he pressed it.
(from 100% to 0) I don't know why they wouldnt build mr after it happening once, But that is what happens happens.

Sorc boots, tear, Arch, Arch, Hat, Arc, Arc, Switch boots for voidstaff is what he usually does. (If we even get that far in the game)
Did I mention pretty much unlimited mana for Q and E?

KamakaziGumiBear

12-08-2011

Bind R to mouse 1. Click as fast as you can all game long, profit.

mazzadawizzed

12-08-2011

Playing Karthus is alll about watching the map, all the time, so you know when to ganka dn when to ult. Karthus that dont watch the map always fail.

18X Jake

12-08-2011

4 Archangles staves, 1 deathcap, Sorc Shoes. Magic Pen marks and quints, AP/lvl glyphs, flat MR glyphs. The end. I have never played karthus but i have seen big damage from the item build. the MR will prevent big harass

Nezumi69

12-08-2011

ok I like to start with the Sapphire Crystal and some health pots. It will help you stay in lane longer. Its tricky to last hit minions as Karthus. Lay waste is your farming spell, use it to last hit and harass. Its kinda of hard to get the hang of, you have a small delay, remember that if you only hit 1 enemy it does double the damage so unless you can last hit 2 at once its best to place it where it will only hit the minion you want to kill. it has a large range so it easy to use it to harass opposing chamions, you want to try and place it right behind the champion so if they run back they will run right into it, it can help more if you learn to predict there movement. if you can hit them with the wall right before you lay wast it helps a bunch. For your ulti, you need good map awareness, pay attention to the other lanes besides yours, if a champions is low on heath and your team mate cant get the R 'em to finish it. :3 but don't ks. pay attention to how much damage your ult does and how much life the enemy has left, you dont want to use it when you cant get the kill. Be very careful with the ult it has a long cooldown so dont waste it, a lot of people just activate it right when they die, which normally doesn't help. only use it when you can get a kill from it. OR i sometimes uses it to assist my teammates, such as bottom just barley losing a fight the ult can turn it around so they are winning. Buy zhonya's if you get a chance, its really good with kartus because of defile, you can do a bunch of damage then escape with flash, or die and do even more damage if its needed to win the team fight. Its hard to go over every thing. ^^; but ya, karthus needs a bit of practice, i suggest creating a custom game and playing just you no bot so you can practice last hitting.

Edit: Karths can be countered easily so its good to learn what he is a bad match up against. Also you can use lay waste to check brush. Never have to facecheck as karthus. 8D

BroloSwag

12-09-2011

Build zhonyas hour glass and start whoopin a**

hastad1

12-09-2011

Hello.

You need, tear in early game, spam Q to stack him, then ... in late game, you need armor pen, go Sorcerer, Void staff, Hauting guise, all with Magic Pen, and GG ultimate. Really. Thats works.

Tactishen

01-04-2012

Just press R who needs the other buttons?