How the hell am I supposed to play karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigsuga

12-03-2011

A friend recommended him, so I used some saved IP to buy him. I can't stand using him. I feel like his ult doesn't do enough damage late game, early game he's way too squishy and gets owned. In mid, the other champ usually just pokes me and I have to keep recalling. I have no idea how to play him, and I don't want to give up on him, I spent my hard earned IP on him.

Eotw

12-03-2011

You're supposed to be the one doing the poking. Karthus's Q has more DPS than any other early spell.

Samiam22

12-03-2011

Spam Q. Only use ultimate if you KNOW you're going to kill. Get void staff and sorcerer boots.

Silent Hero

12-03-2011

Build tons of MPen on him and get that rabadon's asap.

You can be really strong in lane with your wall and your Q if they try to harass just drop the wall right on them that will lower their resistance and slow them immediately. Then you move away while Qing. His Q has 875 range so you will outrange just about anyone, the key is to abuse that.

bigsuga

12-04-2011

Thanks guys, I'll try that out.

Lemmefarm

12-04-2011

I like going for a more tanky aproach:

build RoA, Rylais, Zhonyas, Voidstaff, Rabadons, or WotA. Order is up to you, though I'd always start with RoA.
Karthus is not the "Burst someone down in 3 spells" kind of caster, but he deals tons and tons of dmg over time with Q. So better stay alive longer and dish out way more dmg in teamfights that way.

In lane, poke the hell out of your enemy with Q, or if you get zoned just farm with it. Due to your E passive you should really never ever run out of mana as karthus in lane. it is kinda impossible

Skilltestingman

12-04-2011

Obv your build needs adjustments.

If your going to build him glasscannon, expect to be squishy. I like to throw in hourglass and abysall or banshee for some tankyness. And TBH, his ult lategame is OP

wi1lywonka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Okay. Start out with Boots 3 Pots. Get sorc boots. Maintain your mana by killing minions. Land your q so it only hits the enemy you are harassing for max damage. Use your W and AoE to go to town on fools that think they can kill you. Be Op.

Then, when the enemy team figures out that you're doing all the damage in teamfights, buy a Zhonya's.

Lemmefarm

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
Obv your build needs adjustments.

If your going to build him glasscannon, expect to be squishy. I like to throw in hourglass and abysall or banshee for some tankyness. And TBH, his ult lategame is OP
oh yeah sure, abyssal ist usually must have as well. or at least any kind of MR. Tanky karthus owns!

aznxlarry

12-05-2011

Just build ap and wait for your team to say "hey karthus press r" and free kill :D