Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My game keeps crashing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IOP Mutha Fuk

07-06-2010

The problem is much bigger than i imagined, it is not just LoL it is deffinatly not AIR it has to be something wrong with my hardware or something because ANY game i play that brings me to a fullscreen or for all i know any game, makes my computer crash, my computer is brand new and all the specs meet the rquired or better. So now wtf do i do

TaricTankEngine

07-06-2010

I've been having a similar problem for the last 5 days. However LoL is the only game I have installed and the only program I've had any problems with. I crash once ingame usually about 1:30-2:30 usually just as the fighting starts and every time i reconnect I last about 90 seconds and just keep crashing. It locks my computer up and I have to power down the System. I've did a complete re-install on my System and only installed LoL, Vent, and Lastest Drivers.

IOP Mutha Fuk

07-06-2010

Did it fix the problem for you?

TaricTankEngine

07-06-2010

No still having same problem after all updates. I'm gonna do another re-install with XP instead of Vista and see what happens.

IOP Mutha Fuk

07-06-2010

I have windows 7 =/ it does seem like a similar problem.. if not the same, i bet if you played another fullscreen game your computer would crash with that also.

enhancin

07-06-2010

Hi again,

It does appear to be a hardware problem since there is no malfunction happening in the game that indicates freezing your whole computer. There are a couple things you can do in this case. If it's just with games, there could be some corruption in your video card, but let me see if I can find a tool to test this.

I haven't actually used this tool myself and I can't install anything on this computer, but this link (http://download.cnet.com/SiSoftware-Sandra/3000-2086_4-10556571.html) will allow you to download this tool called Sandra. It is supposed to be a diagnostic and benchmarking tool for your hardware and software.

It says the GUI is fairly easy to follow, so run some diagnostics on your video and memory, let's see if there are any problems there.

Shrilly

07-06-2010

I've read the thread and it seems I have the exact same problem as you. It started happening about a week ago, maybe less. But after about 10 minutes of gaming, so I assumed it was some kind of over-heat problem, it being summer and all.
But then I tried playing MW2 and BF:BC2, which are alot more demanding on the system, and it never crashed.

Does your screen start acting up right before the crash? For me, pixels are flying all over the place a couple of seconds before the crash, every time.

TaricTankEngine

07-06-2010

Yea it looks like my Monitor dies / video card goes out then computer just locks up. I've Tried XP and Vista now same problem. Running a Nvidia 8800 card latest drivers just started on July 1st.

Shrilly

07-06-2010

Quote:
TaricTankEngine:
Running a Nvidia 8800 card

Same here. 8800 GT

IOP Mutha Fuk

07-06-2010

Alright Enhancin thank you very much, i will look into that first thing in the morning, and get back to you if i need any help or if it works or anything, i will tell you the outcome.