Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This game mode is determined too much by early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdoflegends

12-03-2011

Since I've been playing more and more dominion it has become increasingly rare for games to ever be within 100 points of winning/losing. It's almost always 200-400 point difference because the team that picks well and wins the first 2-3 top fights usually snowballs into an unstoppable monster.

Has anyone else noticed this? I mean, when I first started playing dominion it seemed like the game mode had a great ability to have a comeback but now that I've played more I've realized this isn't true at all, lose the champ pick, lose the early fights, gg.

Nekrogen

12-03-2011

If your team has a good balance of early game and late game potential, then you shouldn't be having this problem (for yourself atleast). Games only end 400-0 if a) the average skill difference between the teams is high, b) one team has all late game champs and the other team has all early game champs, c) bottom lane and/or top lane gets constantly rolled. c) can be prevented by switching up the lanes, but a) and b) are usually determined at champ select.

It is very possible for an early game team to get an early lead, but if the other team has some late game powerhouses that can 1v3, the victor is going to be pretty obvious.

Darmival

12-03-2011

given i play solo queue blind picked mostly, i see a lot of 'close games' even still... including some that shouldnt have been.

a 29-0 win where my team was down 350 points at one point = probably shouldnt happen
Other team rebounding from 300ish down? = shouldnt happen.

anytime i see a 300+ point turnaround it bugs me - the team that was ahead probably deserved the win more. *shrug*

Dispellado

12-03-2011

Why does the team that *was* ahead deserve the win more than the team that can reverse their problem and come out swinging in the last half? No win is "deserved" until it is earned by toppling the nexus.

Hugs From Momma

12-03-2011

Uh, it's quite the opposite. There's practically no snowballing on Dominion. There's just team comp and player skill.

RealWolf M

12-03-2011

Its mostly a case of either bad play, or bad engagements.

I have found that most team compositions work to a degree. Sure sometimes you can lose just on champion select, but most of the time it is how you engage the enemy. When your team constantly focuses that alistar/blitz/singed and ignores the vayne/kog/ezrael you know you've lost because of stupidity, regardless of enemy skill level

Birdoflegends

12-03-2011

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
Uh, it's quite the opposite. There's practically no snowballing on Dominion. There's just team comp and player skill.

That's horribly wrong. In dominion when you're ahead by a few kills you're ahead by a level or two. One or two levels ( on average ) above your opponents team practically garentes you a victory in every small fight.

But overall what I get from your responses is to pick better at select...

Manditory

12-03-2011

I must say I disagree with this.
In SR sure if your doing well in the laning phase you will often snowball into victory but in dominion anything is possible really.
I have turned the most amazing games often becuase snowballed heroes become overcofident and overextends.
Though I must agree that in dominion picking well is a big advantage.

Qlix

12-03-2011

Quote:
Birdoflegends:
That's horribly wrong. In dominion when you're ahead by a few kills you're ahead by a level or two. One or two levels ( on average ) above your opponents team practically garentes you a victory in every small fight.

But overall what I get from your responses is to pick better at select...

terribly wrong.

Play with premades, get out of solo queue. Go ahead and get yourself a nice 200 point lead and get cocky... see what happens with a good premade.

T3kn0man

12-03-2011

I 100% disagree. For every close game (which I have had many) I have had an equal share of turn arounds, and blowouts. Early might set the tone for some games but just as many I have witnessed have come back around. Some comps are built around comebacks and sometimes they just happen after a few critical mistakes.

Dominion isn't over until the last points tick down to 0.