The other team's Yorick quit so I sat at fountain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaxtenn

12-03-2011

until he returned, except he never reconnected. I didn't do anything for 3/4 of the game, making it a 4v4. We were winning 400-100 but then we started losing, and I wanted to go back in but I felt committed to sitting it out. We lost.

My own team were extremely unhappy and most/all of them reported me. One guy on the other team was vocally happy about what I did. I didn't really feel good about it though.

What do you think? Is it a good thing to try and be "fair"? Or was I just a complete moron who tanked an easy win for no good reason?

IS1429332aa9b633

12-03-2011

it's kinda dumb.
maybe the other guy was disconnected, or maybe he left by himself, you won't know.
you should have played the game.
too bad for the other team if one of them left, he will be reported.
you just screwed your team by doing that.

Necks

12-03-2011

The same thing happened to me this match. I had a teammate who refused to play because the enemy team had 1 disconnection.

Intentionally refusing to play is very inappropriate because certain champion picks are not suited for a 4v4. Sometimes people choose champions based on the assumption that all of their teammates are going to participate. Example: A full support, no damage Janna. This Janna will give the team a huge disadvantage if, in the middle of a match, a teammate decides to stop playing - effectively making the match a 3 v 4. Another example: You are the team's bottom; you refuse to play. Your team's Ashe is forced to take bottom vs the enemy team's Yorick. GG.

In my opinion, don't try to act as God. It is not your place to decide justice - what's right and what's wrong. If you are fully able to play, then follow the Riot's Code of Conduct and play. Quickly rid the other team of its misery so that everyone can move on and play another match. Remember, disconnections are not fun for either team (boring for the winning team, frustrating for the losing team). EVERYONE wants to just move on, so expedite the process.

Kiddalee

12-03-2011

It's Dominion; just win the 5v4 and get the game over with fast.

Your team wouldn't have reported you if they'd won, right? They don't care why you AFKd. Don't trust fickle LoL players.

XaoGarrent

12-03-2011

You did the right thing. Too bad you might get banned for it. Just the way things work in League.

UglyPete

12-03-2011

League of Legends is not immune to the Occupy protests.

Coming to a Crystal Scar near you Occupy Nexus.

It won't be long before they start selling Riot Singed again to combat the protesters.

GrignardTS

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
until he returned, except he never reconnected. I didn't do anything for 3/4 of the game, making it a 4v4. We were winning 400-100 but then we started losing, and I wanted to go back in but I felt committed to sitting it out. We lost.

My own team were extremely unhappy and most/all of them reported me. One guy on the other team was vocally happy about what I did. I didn't really feel good about it though.

What do you think? Is it a good thing to try and be "fair"? Or was I just a complete moron who tanked an easy win for no good reason?
I think its fair.

Just not to his team

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

Not fair.

1. You broke the rules, and two wrongs don't make a right.

2. You prolonged a bad game.

Your team had every right to report you. I understand you were trying to be fair, but thats not how it works in this game.

ThunderZero

12-03-2011

That's a strange situation you put yourself in.

To be honest, I don't particularly like the decision, not on a grounds of "wrong" or "right", but because it complicates things. For instance, let's say that waiting it out in base was the "right" thing to do. Then, we should expect all moral players to naturally even the teams, or disadvantage themselves in the spirit of fairness. Unfortunately, that means that the "immoral" choice gets the advantage, which is very bad - that moves the incentives towards bad behavior. You think people have terrible attitudes now? Imagine what would happen if they felt they could pressure you into leaving so the game could be 4v4.

So yeah. I don't think that was the right thing to do, but I think your motives came from the right place. I also don't think that, given the situation, you're at fault or should have been reported or anything. I also applaud you for sticking to your decision, for sure - it would have been wrong to rejoin the game once you started losing.

That was a Chaotic Good descision if I ever saw one

IS1429332aa9b633

12-03-2011

+1 for chaotic good