How to fix "Elo Hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Burrito View Post
I like this idea. I started ranked games a few months ago and my first 10 ranked games were all ruined by a troll. After much frustration and many normals my play has greatly improved and I went on a 7 ranked win streak. After winning that many games in a row my ELO is still in the hell range. The boost on the first ranked games screwed me over. Now I'm trying to climb out of hell and it's a tough journey. I think this plan would greatly reduce ruined ranked games.

But how likely is Riot to do something?
About as likely as the chance of them posting in this topic.

I know that's not a totally real answer, but my point stands.

GracedWing

12-04-2011

How can I go 24-3-17 in a Ranked SoloQ and lose because no matter how hard I carry the trolls always jungle after an ace rather than push towers. There has to be a way to reward KDA as well as a win. For instance +10 for a win -10 for a loss however there are KDA brackets that give you bonuses. 2-4-28 as a support would get a 30-4 KDA score so you could give that player a bonus of 30 or a bonus of 15 or whatever so long as it reflects personal performance. Also I would like to see maybe a turret bonus. for instance if we killed 7 of theirs and they killed 3 of ours we would get a turret bonus of 40 divided by 5 players would be a +8 to their ELO score. come on people be creative. i know we can fix this.

Amircse

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorickHunt lol View Post
elo should go off your kills 2 deaths ratio and get put with players about your level im 150 kills 97 deaths atm but won 10 lost 13 and it sux cos some games have leavers and qq ect ect.
If it went off your KDR, how would the tanks ever progress? When tanking, you aim for assists, and sometimes you take a death for your carries, and then can have multiple deaths, but as a result, saved your teammates and kept their deaths at 2-3.

GracedWing

12-04-2011

Amircse: read above. it would be about the KDA

Amircse

12-04-2011

GracedWing: Thats not what that guy said though, i was correcting him

I do like what you suggested though, it would really reward the teamwork, vs just the flashiest people earning all the kills

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracedWing View Post
How can I go 24-3-17 in a Ranked SoloQ and lose because no matter how hard I carry the trolls always jungle after an ace rather than push towers. There has to be a way to reward KDA as well as a win. For instance +10 for a win -10 for a loss however there are KDA brackets that give you bonuses. 2-4-28 as a support would get a 30-4 KDA score so you could give that player a bonus of 30 or a bonus of 15 or whatever so long as it reflects personal performance. Also I would like to see maybe a turret bonus. for instance if we killed 7 of theirs and they killed 3 of ours we would get a turret bonus of 40 divided by 5 players would be a +8 to their ELO score. come on people be creative. i know we can fix this.
If you're able to consistently do that well in games, your winrate should be no worse than 50%.

Simply making wins worth more than losses over time would solve most of the problem, given it's really only the actually bad players who should be unable to maintain close to a 50% winrate. If you actually play like an average player who knows the definition of contributing and being an asset to a team, you should win at least 50% of the time, which will be affected by which teammates you get. Winning 50% of the time consistently thus should be rewarded.

I can't help you if probability chooses to screw you more than 50% of the time. The only thing you can do in that situation is just learn to calm down. Getting angry does not help performance.

Hypersauce

12-05-2011

I've lost 100 Elo due to this in the last day. You get people who have no idea how to play the game in ranked who feed or do unthinkable things and then lose. Then you get stuck with people trolling on smurf accounts and super bads who think "Janna is bad and support is worthless you should play AD carry bottom" and people who leave a support to solo bot because "I can't farm as vayne in a lane against caitlyn".

Or an amumu who builds 2 doran's shields and a mana manipulator to jungle. Or an instalock Kat first pick who gets counter picked 5 times. Or the kind of **** I saw when I was new to LoL over a year ago like two people both calling solo top and refusing to leave so you have two solo top champs and no ranged carry.

Seriously done with this ****.

GracedWing

01-25-2012

I think that in Ranked games if you report a troll or a feeder and it is deemed that yes they were acting inappropriatly that two things should happen. 1: they should be banned from ranked for 6 months or w/e and 2: Our ELO that we lost due to them should be refunded.

GracedWing

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2ZOMG View Post
If you're able to consistently do that well in games, your winrate should be no worse than 50%.

Simply making wins worth more than losses over time would solve most of the problem, given it's really only the actually bad players who should be unable to maintain close to a 50% winrate. If you actually play like an average player who knows the definition of contributing and being an asset to a team, you should win at least 50% of the time, which will be affected by which teammates you get. Winning 50% of the time consistently thus should be rewarded.

I can't help you if probability chooses to screw you more than 50% of the time. The only thing you can do in that situation is just learn to calm down. Getting angry does not help performance.

its not about probability when more than 50% of the LoL community are little nooby kids that wish to ruin a persons fun. Thats not probability its inevitability.

GracedWing

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lce clear View Post
i have an idea:

The people who leave games (or are deemed trolls to the game by the tribunal) can lose a portion of the elo for their teammates, if their team happens to lose the game. This way people who leave will be take more of the "credit" for losing the game than the people who actually try to win the game.

Edit: And also, if the team happens to win 4 vs 5, then they should be rewarded a portion of the leaver's elo as a reward for winning against incredible odds.

For example:

A vayne starts the game, goes 0-5, then ragequits. The team loses the game and everyone is supposed to lose 10 elo. Instead, vayne loses her 10 elo + 2 elo (x4) from each of her teammates.

Vayne loses 18 elo, while each of her teammates lose 8 elo.

Edit: If the team happens to win 4 vs 5 without vayne, then each teammate should recieve 12 elo, and vayne should only recieve 2 elo.

Now the players who legitimately lose the game lose elo, but are still ranked higher than those who leave/troll games.

Now elo (in general) is set like this: Quitters/afkers/trolls < bad players < good players

this guy is brilliant!!!