What is everyone's view of Xerath? How viable is he in ranked play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAngryMunchkin

12-02-2011

his ult makes the game 4v5, you destroy whoever who feel like instantly at 1300 range. he farms super easily, harasses insanely well, and has a short cd long duration stun.

insanely broken if you are good with him.

Crownface

12-02-2011

I play Xerath a lot and consistently do really well with him; the only time I run into a lot of trouble is when I don't communicate well with my team, or if my team doesn't communicate well with me. Xerath needs to be positioned perfectly in order to make a big impact in a teamfight without getting immediately torn apart. You need to constantly be aware of everyone's position, because it's easy to get tunnel vision while attempting to snipe that 10hp champ running away from a fight, and even though his (extremely out of place) passive provides him with a pretty significant amount of armor by mid/late-game, he can still be burst down really easily, and he has no real reliable escape.

I personally think he is a lot of fun to play, it's always really satisfying to see the tip of his q just barely kill that guy who is desperately trying to escape by running in a straight line, although a lot of other people say he's boring as hell (these same people most likely think playing Tryndamere is fun and engaging, so I wouldn't put too muck stock in their opinions). He definitely deserves a nerf, maybe a teeny tiny range nerf and a small reduction on the base damage of his ult, it would be really sad to see him end up like Orianna after her big nerf. Overall, he's a really cool champion, and people overstate his difficulty; you only have 4 skills, how hard can any champion really be?

The Vikachu

12-02-2011

He's ridiculously strong, but his skill ceiling is high enough that most people just play him once or twice and decide he's weak.

Booterang

12-02-2011

Hes the top AP pick right now. Very strong burst, great range, and passive magic pen to boot.

BlackSun8832

Recruiter

11-13-2012

so um bump ?

BlackSun8832

Recruiter

11-13-2012

so i think he needs a range buff on his e